Next Level Firearms review of Sig P320 Compact - initial impressions

Ok guys and girls,
As most of you know I like my H&K & Walthers but I appreciate other makes as well. So after some nudging (pushing really) I broke down and took a P320 Compact 9mm for a spin.
I did an initial cleaning & lube which I encourage of all new or new to you purchases.
Let me say that I was not really expecting much because it's essentially a striker fired 250. Yes, the P320 won a military contract but I don't know enough about it to feel confident in it's deployment to hostile environments across the globe. Also having read about FT Fire, FT Extract issues in other reviews I was reading. So, I went into this with 250 rounds of various ammo - 124 Winchester NATO, 135 hornady critical +p, 147 federal, 124 hst & 150 hst. This is a soft shooting accurate gun so far. I happened across a fellow with a MA compliant (thumb safety) P320 who was having no strikes on his. He stated Sig said it needs 400 rounds for break in & if still no strikes, send it in. I don't know how I feel about that but mine was flawless for this short initial introduction. I still don't understand why a thumb safety....I mean it can work against you under duress and finger off the trigger is the real safety, right? Anyways, my P320 was impressive vs the G19 I was shooting it against
tmp_7812-45142596245068.jpg
50ft 5 shot groups with 124 grain Winchester NATO Left is Sig & Right is Glock
I'm NOT a glock guy so I'm sure it can do better than I'm making look. But the Sig works well for me.
tmp_7812-45156-1065453014.jpg
This is a 20ft mixed ammo, rapid ish fire - I threw a few but it's my first outing so I'm thinking I can tighten this up.

I have 500 rounds of steel case on tap for the next round of testing.
So far it's not the POS I anticipated, I'm carrying it & it's pretty comfortable so far.
I'll keep you updated on the steel case testing once I do it. I'll also try to get some video next time.
Stay safe!
Brian
Next Level Firearms

Back
Top Bottom