• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Next Debate TONIGHT

I hope Healey does better this time. She really must put the pressure on Spend-It-All-Deval.

I'm watching. I hope Healey does better than the first time....She's going to take some hits on stating after the last debate that she wants a one on one debate with Patrick....

I'm hoping that Mihos lays off of her and Goes right after Deval. If he does... maybe he can back him into a corner and make him give some real answers that will open some eyes.

I hope Healey does better this time. She really must put the pressure on Spend-It-All-Deval.
She also can't let Mihos slam her so hard against the ropes. Mihos held her head underwater on the immigration and Big Dig questions in the last debate. Unless she can come up with something better for answers part of her base might very well vote elsewhere. Her past decisions and statements combined with her unwillingness to take Mihos seriously will come back to haunt her. She needs to get with the program before the momentum Deval and Mihos have overtake her. IMHO if Mihos brings up the immigration,The Big Dig,or Romney tax increases on the debates again Healey might not be able to recover. We'll see.[wink]

I'm hoping that Mihos lays off of her and Goes right after Deval. If he does... maybe he can back him into a corner and make him give some real answers that will open some eyes.
If it's true that Mihos is only there to give Healey a hard time, and that appears to be the case, Mihos will put his energy into attacking her. If Healey's campaign manager(s) are on the ball, she should be armed with enough fly-swatter answers to put the death knell on that gnat.

Even though only Deval is the only real concern, she has to answer all the candidates questions. Ignoring the other two obviously isn't a good strategy.

Maybe she can show the checks that Miho's family has given her, and the letters of support they've sent her. You can really shut someone down when thier own mother won't support them.

As for the real candidate, as long as she sticks to facts, she should be all right, but then again, this is politics, where facts are replaced with whatever reality they want to conjure up.

She seems to be doing better, the debate is on now.

I loathe Mihos! It will be a cold day in hell before I vote for him! He is doing nothing buy trying to take Healey down. He's helping Patrick. Ugh.

Patrick is a nasty excuse for a candidate. Floats around spewing his PC crap and says nothing of substance whatsoever.

+1

Just watched the debate. Mihos is clearly a troubled little man who's completly consumed and haunted by internal rage. His only purpose is revenge, and he has no care at all for the issues that are just a tool in his little vendetta. If he loses and Patrick wins, he'll be in hog heaven. If by some sheer fluke he wins, he'll have lost interest in the office because winning it would be totally secondary to his mission, and he would at best become an innefectual lame duck. He's very bad news.

She seems to be doing better, the debate is on now.

I loathe Mihos! It will be a cold day in hell before I vote for him! He is doing nothing buy trying to take Healey down. He's helping Patrick. Ugh.

Patrick is a nasty excuse for a candidate. Floats around spewing his PC crap and says nothing of substance whatsoever.

JellyFish,
I didn't get the body language as I had to listen to it on radio. My impression was that Healy did much better on this one, staying on point, and delivering her message, such as it is. She is evidently being ground up by all of her opponents, but to my ear, she sounded much more polished, and certainly better prepared.
Your right on about both Mihos, and Patrick. Mihos, this time reminded me of a little kid who gets to sit at the "grown-ups" table and can't contain his excitement, but could not collect his thoughts consistently. He is the epitomy of the one trick pony.
Devoid Patrick gives me a nauseating feeling that once he is in, NO REPUBLICAN IS SAFE. He will spend his way into oblivion. He just won't or perhaps, doesn't dare, to tell you how. We all know though, don't we...
With regard to the green party... ah, never mind. When you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig.
CJ

I had held out some promise for Mihos, but its readily apparent at this point
that his whole candidacy is just a facade of some sort... just a platform for
him to use to whine about the MA republican party. Yeah, it sucks, but
we already know that, Christy. You don't have to tell us that they have
to compromise on values to succeed...

If he was smart he'd be trying to attack deval and maybe put some -well
formed- criticisms of healey, but his format gets a bit tiring... its like endless
temper tantrums.

The other big dealbreaker for him is he spends too much time in attack mode
instead of trying to convince people as to why -his- policies make more
sense than the others do. If he spent more time trying to sell himself
instead of trying to beat up Kerry, maybe he'd get somewhere in this
election. At this point I doubt he's even going to be a real spoiler.

-Mike

At this point I doubt he's even going to be a real spoiler.

-Mike
I've felt this way all along. If Healey doesn't win it'll be because of reasons other than Mihos is running. Mihos never had a chance of winning and he never will. Healey on the other hand was unable to duck some damaging blows last night on the debate. If she doesn't take the bull by the horns soon she's a goner.

I've felt this way all along. If Healey doesn't win it'll be because of reasons other than Mihos is running. Mihos never had a chance of winning and he never will. Healey on the other hand was unable to duck some damaging blows last night on the debate. If she doesn't take the bull by the horns soon she's a goner.

Mihos sucked last night and is more and more showing his one track attacks on Healey as his motivation.

I think Healey did much better, but she needs to get more agressive with deval and Attack his stance on Welfare, Immigration and Tax spending.

That is the only way she will beat him.

Unfortunately, People see a well/soft spoken man that tap dances nicely around issues that he knows will sink him.

Mihos sucked last night and is more and more showing his one track attacks on Healey as his motivation.

I think Healey did much better, but she needs to get more agressive with deval and Attack his stance on Welfare, Immigration and Tax spending.

That is the only way she will beat him.

Unfortunately, People see a well/soft spoken man that tap dances nicely around issues that he knows will sink him.
Mihos went out of his way to use the words Democrats AND Republicans when he pointed blame last night. He was VERY careful not to single out Healey like he did in the first debate. In the first debate Healey if you remember correctly like Deval was careful not to use the word illegal when she mentioned the immigration issue. Mihos pointing out her flip-flopping on this issue after her husband took a new job which was not good for her. Mihos also pointed out the tax increases numbers during the Romney years. Healey ducked and dodged the best she could but for whatever reason would not put Mihos in his place. WHY ?? Just because someone brings up a persons past job performance doesn't mean they are attacking them. Healey should be proud of her record and should be able to shut Mihos up with a few well chosen words. Don't be fooled for a second.....had she been able to....she would've.

I'm compeatly sick of Mihos. I thought he'd make a good Govenor, but frankly I think this is more of a vendetta, and he'd just spend all his time in the corner office scrapping with anybody who doesn't agree with him.

Plus he's starting to make kookier and kookier cliams and accusations. He knows the big-dig really well, but it seems he's falling short on everything else (except getting rilled up)

I'm done with him, I had a buisness card in my Wallet so I could maybe order one of those ugly campaign signs of his....I just tore it up.

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

anybody else catch how he kept refering to the "State" of springfield... not "City"

Also... is it just me... or does Deval start ever answer with "First of all"?

Reading the transcripts... I think he did in everyone of his answers save one.

Back
Top Bottom