Next Court Action in Line for AWs and Magazines

SCotUS won't even defend the 1A from tresspass anymore.
"
No one is coming to save us. They are too spineless and lack the sense of duty.🥵
No, no. no. Roberts is just "preserving the reputational integrity of the court" by not doing anything that would make the Washington Post and New York Times upset.

Close. An en banc panel in the 9th is 11 of 29 judges or C(29,11) or 34,597,290 possible panels. In reality, the number of probably compositions is much smaller since geographic proximity no doubt comes into play. If en banc is granted this case will be won or lost based on the composition of the 11 judge panel, not on the merits of the case.
Trump packed the 9th though, through legal appointment of judges to vacancies I might add. I remember Pelosi being yanked about it a while back. For once, I can actually say 'Thanks Obama'.

I am not GOAL and I don't speak for them. That said, they have consistently taken the position that they believe the AG's "reinterpretation" has no basis in law and has, as far as I know, never given it the weight of law in their statements.
"The AGO is expecting full, voluntary compliance with the Assault Weapons ban, as it is explained in the Enforcement Notice,.

"[But the AGO] but will enforce the Commonwealth’s laws in a civil or criminal action if gun dealers or individuals do not comply."

Seeing how no laws have been enforced in any civil or criminal action to date with exception to the fixed mag AR which was always notice exempt and later lost, I'm guessing there's more stress on voluntary compliance.

It is not ignored because FFLs are afraid of having their pee pee slapped by Fuhrer Healey.
Some are not. Some are. Each FFL has to decide how much risk they are willing to accept. Those who are not afraid are doing VERY brisk business and I have far more respect for them than FFL's who try to sell "pre-Healy" bull$#!t for $3000...

Some are not. Some are. Each FFL has to decide how much risk they are willing to accept. Those who are not afraid are doing VERY brisk business and I have far more respect for them than FFL's who try to sell "pre-Healy" bull$#!t for $3000...
An FFL with Stage IV pancreatic cancer could even advertise such services with little fear of state reprisal.

Close. An en banc panel in the 9th is 11 of 29 judges or C(29,11) or 34,597,290 possible panels. In reality, the number of probably compositions is much smaller since geographic proximity no doubt comes into play. If en banc is granted this case will be won or lost based on the composition of the 11 judge panel, not on the merits of the case.

What a society we live in when the outcome of a case in court is determined by the political party of the judge.

What a society we live in when the outcome of a case in court is determined by the political party of the judge.

And it FEELS like it's always the Left.

Let's look at Larry Flynt. 8-0. EIGHT FREAKING OH! Not a single conservative judge decided that their personal feelings on Hustler Mag or how much of a scumbag Flynt was at the time had ANY bearing on their decision. Rehnquist, Scalia, O'Connor, Blackmun.

I'm happy to look at evidence to the contrary, but it definitely FEELS like one side is playing with feelings and one side is playing with facts.

Let's look at Larry Flynt. 8-0. EIGHT FREAKING OH! Not a single conservative judge decided that their personal feelings on Hustler Mag or how much of a scumbag Flynt was at the time had ANY bearing on their decision. Rehnquist, Scalia, O'Connor, Blackmun.
Did the 9th judge abstain because he had a subscription?

En Banc being granted means someone up the judicial food chain does not like the existing ruling. Expect it to be overridden.

Back
Top Bottom