Newtown Parents being wheeled out on cue on 60 Minutes on Sunday...

Imagine....a life long mission to take away the rights of law abiding Americans...it's about time for them to focus on rebuilding their own lives and stop tearing ours down.

As a parent I feel for these families But I can't help but think they are marianetes (spelling) for the government to help push their agenda. I base this off of the last statment in the article.

Nicole Hockley: We had Dylan-- cremated. So-- I have his urn-- next to his picture-- in a cupboard in our bedroom-on our dresser. Every morning, I kiss him good morning and say, "Hi." And he's-- the last thing I kiss before I go to bed at night. Every night I beg for him to come to me in my dreams so that I can see him again. And-- during the day, I just focus on what I need to do to honor him and make change.

Reading this not knowing any involved brought a tear to my eye, I can't help but think that without being pushed there is no way 4 months after my child was murdered I could be on TV and pushing new laws

If the weather is nice which it will be, hopefully most will be out enjoying themselves, not sitting in front of the idiot box.

Any of these parents who support stricter gun laws for law abiding citizens are the enemy just the same as anyone else doing the same. Their own sad situation must not be used to take away the rights of everyone else in the country.

many of the 9/11 victim survivors made a nice coin parading on TV shows. It's a victim celebration culture that we got, and they are the stars of the show!

I'm a parent as well (Proud Father of a US Marine)

But this crap is like a damn Tom Clancy novel!

Read 'Red Storm Rising'!

Newtown parents and family vow lifelong mission - CBS News

Gee...I guess they're over their grief enough to be on TV huh?...

It's the american thing to do: when you get notoriety due to being caught in a horrible tragedy, make a living out of it.

See

Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence : Biographies

Do you think Jim and Sarah Brady have held a real job since the 80's? Heck no, they just receive donations to fight for their "mission".

And one of the most effective at converting personal tragedy into a heck of a good life:

Susan G. Komen® | About Us | Our People | Nancy G. Brinker | Nancy G. Brinker

Nancy Brinker has made it her life's mission to earn a great living off the death of her sister, Susan G. Komen, building a massive foundation which spent 55,172,529 on salaries and benefits during their fiscal year ended on March 31, 2012...

Susan G. Komen® | About Us | Financial Information | Financial Information

while personally making 684,717 USD in compensation in the same fiscal year. And please, keep in mind that the compensation is narrowly defined and does not include huge amounts of benefits like transportation, meals, hotel accommodations, etc - those are business expenses.

Charity Navigator Rating - Susan G. Komen for the Cure

We could go on with hundreds of other examples, but why?

So why wouldn't SOME of the Newtown parents decide to join the trend and cash in on their very real victimization? Plenty of cash, public appearances, the great feeling "you are doing SOMETHING"... and if all it takes if fighting those icky guns that only people up to no good ever need, even better.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom