Newtown Families on 60 minutes Talk about Gun Control

I feel sorry for their loss, but the gun control measures they espouse simply have no logic. Everything they are recommending and pushing for is probably something they were brain washed into by gun control advocates. Having recent victims of gun crime coming up with gun control laws on an emotional basis is what leads to completely useless laws that "feel good" but actually do nothing to prevent future tragedies.

They all feel like their children's deaths must be made up for and must mean something and not be forgotten. Unfortunately, because guns were involved, that necessarily means that part of their flawed emotional thinking includes blaming anything and everything and the bottom line here is guns.

They also never want this to happen again to anyone. However we live in a free society. We pay a cost for this in blood. If we chose communism and no one having any guns than yes, this type of thing might not happen, but he who trades liberty for security deserves neither.

Last edited:
That is exactly the reason why people accuse obama of standing on the graves of victims. They just want to push an agenda and pass laws furthering their particular political ideologies when in reality there is no science or fact to back any of these gun control measures as being effective. Bottom line is that they have a vision for America to be a certain way and they will continue to use victims of gun violence as puppets they can show off in the media to gain emotional responses from the mindless sheep out there.

I found it interesting that these folks backed off an assault weapons ban. They stuck to background check and magazine ban. Clearly the group has been getting a lot of coaching.

More propaganda. Using the victims of a senseless tradegy as a political tool. All invoved should be ashamed.

Losing a loved one, especially a child, would be transformative. Emotionally, spiritually, etc. You're going to carry that for the rest of our days.

Maybe they honestly think that they're advocacy may legitimately prevent the next Sandy Hook. And they'll be a next Sandy Hook sadly. Yes, there are ways to prevent these tragedies but nobody wants to hear it. Magazine bans, weapon bans, UBCs will do NOTHING to prevent this. But it might help you feel better.

Pravada Reporter: "What's the most impactful part of this [Connecticut's] legistlation?"

Victim's Parent: "The Universal Background Check..."

OK, totally lost me. The BG at Sandy Hook DIDN'T PURCHASE THE FIREARMS HE USED TO COMMIT THE MURDERS. He STOLE them. How, pray tell, does a UBC, prevent somebody from STEALING a firearm? Are they supposed to call all their freshly stolen firearms to NICS so they get clearance?

Yikes. We're not going to fix this problem, are we?

There isn't much that's more disgusting than a parent using their child's death to further political (as well as unconstitutional, anti-liberty) agenda.

Pravada Reporter: "What's the most impactful part of this [Connecticut's] legistlation?"

OK, totally lost me. The BG at Sandy Hook DIDN'T PURCHASE THE FIREARMS HE USED TO COMMIT THE MURDERS. He STOLE them. How, pray tell, does a UBC, prevent somebody from STEALING a firearm? Are they supposed to call all their freshly stolen firearms to NICS so they get clearance?

I said the same thing when I heard that

the parents of the children who were killed who are standing on top of their own child's casket to shout for gun control are some of the sickest ****s out there.

the CT bill just passed was written by people who are just a different breed of evil than lanza, and these parents "speaking out" are simply adding their signatures--in their chldrens' blood--to the bottom of the bill.

this whole debacle makes me sick to my ****ing stomach.

+1

That's the point at which i stopped watching. While i'm very sorry for their losses, those losses don't make them the least bit qualified to discuss gun control.

Not only that, but he failed a BG check TWICE in CT. So the existing laws stopped him TWICE.

Notice how none of the parents even bothered to consider what would happen, how things might have turned out differently, if teachers were armed? If even a single armed security guard was present in the school that day in Newtown, IMHO the whole thing would have probably never happened.

There is a reason the shooter went to a school, it's because it is a gun free zone, a soft target where he knew he would not encounter any resistance for him to carry out his carnage.
He's a product of Grossman's concept of Video Game Carnage Conditioning, not a trained firearms expert. A single armed citizen with some minimal firearms training would have been able to subdue Lanza.

Last edited:
Were the parents paid to appear on 60?
The group is going to DC? Who is paying for that trip?

IMHO what America has become is a nation of sheep dependent on the government, and magical laws to guarantee public safety and security. What we should be instead is a nation of private citizens (sheep dogs) who are empowered to be responsible personally for our own safety and security as well of those around us.

The problem is when we pervert justice and treat criminals as victims, and private citizens who defend themselves as criminals.

My heart goes out to all those family's affected, I sympathize with them and understand that they are speaking from an emotional point of view, not of logical sound mind. If that happened to me and my family, I would be to emotionally compromised to offer any input of value. That being said, the only person there that offered any valuable insight was the wife (I think Latino) of the enormous African American guy on the left of the screen. She actually had experience in mental health and decided to focus her efforts on something she actually had knowledge in rather than something she wasn't familiar with.

+1

That's the point at which i stopped watching. While i'm very sorry for their losses, those losses don't make them the least bit qualified to discuss gun control.

+1

My sympathy has reached an expiration date for these particular parents. I have the utmost sympathy and sorry for the children but these parent are disgusting. And beyond them standing on their kids graves, they have ZERO understanding of any of this stuff. They are brainless twits who are there as props because of what happened to their kids but not what they can add to the discussion or understanding.

Why can't they get a group of people from the oregon mall shooting to go to washington and say "I'm alive because a concealed weapon owner was in the mall to step up to the shooter"

Why can't we get the woman from georgia to say "I shot a man 6 times and he still got away"

How about the boy who protected his 13 year old sister "I used my dad's ar 15 to stop 3 men from killing and raping my family"

I can't watch people who know nothign about firearms preach gun control. Drives me bananas.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't watch people who know nothign about firearms preach gun control. Drives me bananas.

F_ck these people.
The need to shut the hell up and stop trying to take away any of my freedom.

I for one am so sick of this Sandy Hook BS; just over it.

smitty

A nice fat check from CBS is a sure cure for grief...
Total Frauds!

I don't think we need to attack the parents of the victims at all. They're not frauds, they're just sheep, people who have been victimized by their own gun control laws and can't see beyond their emotion.

I don't think we need to attack the parents of the victims at all. They're not frauds, they're just sheep, people who have been victimized by their own gun control laws and can't see beyond their emotion.

all they are doing is allowing themselves to be used to strip us of our rights, nbd. right?

Everyone of them can go FOAD. Sometimes I wish it was "parent teacher conferences" when lanza attacked. This shit should have been swept under the rug already but these damn parents keep coming back and are becoming the problem.

Back
Top Bottom