• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Newtown Families on 60 minutes Talk about Gun Control

I don't think we need to attack the parents of the victims at all. They're not frauds, they're just sheep, people who have been victimized by their own gun control laws and can't see beyond their emotion.

I can cut them slack on attacking 2a rights in the initial few months but we are past that point now. They are not being sheep now, they are willfully involved and still know absolutely nothing about the subject. When you see an interview with them, they are saying the incorrect things they were saying months ago. My sympathy is with the kids and other parents but not the gun control ones.

If they wanted to "make a difference", drive their range rovers down to Bridgeport and volunteer at a day care, soup kitchen, donation center or school.

Or adpot an unwanted foster child.

No, easier to slobber up to the Bloomberg-Media-Dem trough, say the right things, get some makeup and image consulting, hobnob with Obama and whine about "clips".

America, we must get away from this idea that the ideal advocate for writing legislation is the emotionally distraught.

Will these families forever be sacred to the CT legislature, whose opinion must be queried on every related occasion? (think how 911 families were used to set domestic security and foreign policy).

We have a government system that was founded in reason, not one created for the wronged to seek their own special justice over others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't blame the families, they really don't know better. I do blame the media and the politicians that are standing on the bodies of dead kids to advance their agenda. Which has nothing to do with firearms or crime. It has everything to do with control and power. Their power.

Cripes, won't they just go away?

I really do feel bad for their loss...I really do, but they are shitting down the wrong hole...no amount of gun regs will stop this senseless killing. They need to go after Dr's who misdiagnose mental illness, go after big pharma for their endless pushing of psycho drugs on hapless and uneducated parents and kids, shoot all the media weasels and drop the God damned gun thing...

Jesus, they're worse than a bad penny, the Clintons, the Obamas and the Kennedys [rolleyes]

There isn't much that's more disgusting than a parent using their child's death to further political (as well as unconstitutional, anti-liberty) agenda.

This. These families were brainwashed into being paraded out to use their misery for an illegal agenda. They have become falsely bigger than life, and are being held up by puppeteers that are pulling their strings, telling them what to say and where to be. When the left is done using them as prostitutes, they'll dump them and forget about them.

What needs to happen is this:

Get these people in public and ask them if they would have defended their children had they been present with a gun. Let the cowards out themselves and be shamed.

Then we can have discussions about gun control, and how to get rid of it.

Ok, I will post part of it. This is a quote from Larry Cafero, (R) CT

One thing was certain on December 14th, and that was the fact that there would be a legislative response to the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary. As the minority leader in a General Assembly where Republicans are outnumbered 2 to 1, my primary task was to bring balance and protect the Constitutional rights of law-abiding gun owners, while at the same time protecting public safety.

On one side of the argument are those who want an outright ban of most guns and the confiscation of legally owned weapons, magazines and ammunition. On the other side are those that say no additional gun laws are needed because law abiding gun owners were not the problem. In the middle lay my firm commitment to the Second Amendment and my oath to uphold our state and federal Constitutions.

I have been told to “walk away” and “let the Democrats own it”. That was not an option for me. It would be irresponsible to allow the Governor and the Democrats have their way. The laws they would have passed would have been so far overreaching, it is difficult to imagine. I could not sit back while rights are legislated away. As a result, I spent 3 straight weeks fighting for rational solutions to what was going to happen whether we want it or not.

Had I “walked away”, we would have been left with: Confiscation of most firearms and ammunition, additional tax on ammunition, universal and periodic registration, only allow ownership of firearms that fire one (1) bullet and require handguns to be “personalized” so that only the owner can operate the weapon with fingerprint technology.

Instead, no gun owner will lose a gun, no gun owner will lose their property, no gun owner will be forced to register all their weapons, and gun manufacturers will not be forced to leave this state or be demonized for the product they produce. It is not perfect, but it is better than the alternative.

I have been called several names recently, namely “a sellout” or a “coward”. I have never misrepresented myself or my views. Throughout this process I have kept Constitutional rights at the forefront of the argument. I do not expect anyone on either side of the issue to be satisfied and please know that I am not out celebrating or claiming victory. No one wishes that this process ever had to happen more than me. I wish that those twenty-six families could be whole again, I wish that there was no desire or momentum to pass legislation like this. I completely understand the anger and emotion surrounding the provisions of this bill. I also understand what could have been, if not for someone defending gun owners and their rights.

What needs to happen is this:

Get these people in public and ask them if they would have defended their children had they been present with a gun. Let the cowards out themselves and be shamed.

Then we can have discussions about gun control, and how to get rid of it.

^^^^^^^ THIS DAMMIT!

Ok, I will post part of it. This is a quote from Larry Cafero, (R) CT

-snip-

Had I “walked away”, we would have been left with: Confiscation of most firearms and ammunition, additional tax on ammunition, universal and periodic registration, only allow ownership of firearms that fire one (1) bullet and require handguns to be “personalized” so that only the owner can operate the weapon with fingerprint technology.

Instead, no gun owner will lose a gun, no gun owner will lose their property, no gun owner will be forced to register all their weapons, and gun manufacturers will not be forced to leave this state or be demonized for the product they produce. It is not perfect, but it is better than the alternative.

This guy is disgusting as well. The "lesser or evils" personified. If he had let them have their way, maybe people would stand up and do something. The laws that they wanted to pass originally would be cut down in court easily. As it is, gun owners will bend over and take it in CT now, because "it could have been worse", and courts might be accepting because no guns were confiscated. I'm not sure who is worse, the ones proposing the initial legislation, or the guy who molds it to be more "acceptable". None of it is acceptable.

This guy is disgusting as well. The "lesser or evils" personified. If he had let them have their way, maybe people would stand up and do something. The laws that they wanted to pass originally would be cut down in court easily. As it is, gun owners will bend over and take it in CT now, because "it could have been worse", and courts might be accepting because no guns were confiscated. I'm not sure who is worse, the ones proposing the initial legislation, or the guy who molds it to be more "acceptable". None of it is acceptable.

I agree. That kind of compromise and appease mindset has brought us to where we are. It won't stop here. It never has. What legislator is going to step up to the plate and say, "These laws are wrong. They are leading us to tyranny. Do not comply. When challenged, resist"? Not likely to happen. Sadly.

Back
Top Bottom