Newtown Families File Lawsuit Against Bushmaster

I try not to be a tin foil hat wearer (unless my father is around cuz it drives him nuts!) Can someone explain to me why there are zero murders registered to Newtown CT in 2012 by the FBI https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/u...w_enforcement_by_connecticut_by_city_2012.xls
This is one of those "godlike productions" tinfoiler claims that keeps on coming back. It's a recordkeeping anomaly, the crime scene and investigation was handled by Connecticut State Police, and appears in their statewide totals.

I'm trying to understand how people imagine this plays out as a conspiracy theory -- somewhere this huge scripted event is faked in a vast conspiracy going all the way to the top, but the FBI had a crisis of conscience and refused to put fake numbers in their annual report? Or they keep two sets of books like a crooked accountant?

This is one of those "godlike productions" tinfoiler claims that keeps on coming back. It's a recordkeeping anomaly, the crime scene and investigation was handled by Connecticut State Police, and appears in their statewide totals.

I'm trying to understand how people imagine this plays out as a conspiracy theory -- somewhere this huge scripted event is faked in a vast conspiracy going all the way to the top, but the FBI had a crisis of conscience and refused to put fake numbers in their annual report? Or they keep two sets of books like a crooked accountant?
It likely keeps coming back because it's never corrected. Correcting the mistake would go a long way in keeping it from coming back.

The way way it was portrayed to me is that FBI fibbing on statistics is a serious offense (I can't recall the exact offense). But for that reason it was never entered and then never corrected. I'm sure it's come to their attention so why wouldn't it be corrected? BTW I'm not saying that this event never happened. I'm saying that I find this omission curious.

It likely keeps coming back because it's never corrected. Correcting the mistake would go a long way in keeping it from coming back.

The way way it was portrayed to me is that FBI fibbing on statistics is a serious offense (I can't recall the exact offense). But for that reason it was never entered and then never corrected. I'm sure it's come to their attention so why wouldn't it be corrected? BTW I'm not saying that this event never happened. I'm saying that I find this omission curious.

It was never a mistake. Here is the full report, scroll down to page 245, which is the statistics tab on Newtown, and it specifically states the murders were left out and instead put under state police misc.

http://www.dpsdata.ct.gov/dps/ucr/data/2012/Crime In Connecticut COMPLETE 2012.pdf

Allow me to drop this right here in hopes of finding a definitive answer.

To my knowledge, not one time has the caliber of the rifle employed in Newtown ever been mentioned. Not once. I do, however, want to tell you that I have an inside source who mentioned .22 to me but it was never corroborated. So, does ANYONE have ANY hard documentation or a notation in something someone reported that ever mentioned the actual caliber of this rifle? You all know that Bushmaster makes a .22 version of their AR-15. It's been my contention all along that the rifle used in Newtown was NOT a .223 but, in fact, a .22. Again, I have a source that told me personally that this was the case. Whether or not he was correct remains to be seen but since no full report of this case has been released along with any of the actual details we'll never be sure.

If it was a .22, then all this hoopla about Assault Rifles in .223 was bogus from the get-go.

Rome

http://cspsandyhookreport.ct.gov/

Here's the CTSP report with Photos and videos, a lot are blacked out, it was reported he used the .22 on his mother.

If you look at the scene photos there are a bunch of pictures of .223 casings, also the picture of the AR which does not appear to be a .22lr variant but an actual .223. Could all this stuff have been planted? Of course, but according to the crime scene stuff it was a .223.

The "negligent entrustment" argument is a real stretch.

Judge is splitting hairs, I suspect the PLCAA will eventually be ruled to apply and the suit will be terminated.

"At this juncture," Bellis wrote, "the court need not and will not consider the merits of the plaintiffs' negligent entrustment theory.

While the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act generally insulates gun companies from liability, Judge Barbara Bellis said the law could be used to attack the legal sufficiency of the plaintiffs' claims, but not to have the case thrown out at this early stage
. . .
But Judge Bellis ruled on a narrower issue, agreeing with the plaintiffs that she has jurisdiction to continue with the case, but not ruling on whether the federal law blocks the plaintiffs from pursuing their claim.
Bellis said that given the arguments made by the gun manufacturers and sellers regarding this law, another legal avenue — a motion to strike, rather than dismiss — “would be the proper procedural vehicle.

A "Motion to strike" would basically gut the plaintiff's arguments, so I think Judge Barbara Bellis is just being political here.

Back
Top Bottom