• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Newton man arrested at Boston hotel had high capacity illegal weapons, prosecutors say

Freddy B

NES Member
"Morse’s court-appointed attorney, Michael Talty, argued that while Morse has a 22-page long criminal history, none of those cases involve charges of violence."
Sounds like a prohibited person to me.

Another tough call. Clearly not an "innocent civilian."

Any fingerprints on them guns? Someone watching the room every minute after he left???

Moral of the story: Carry your own damned luggage!

59/66 - isn't that an SKS???? So he's got a 1911, an SKS and an AR. And 3 mags. He's not going to go all Vegas on the place. WTF?

If he was going to go all Las Vegas sniper from the hotel room as the Globe suggests, what the hell would he have been shooting at? Maybe over the transportation building into the Boston Common?
8451902F-6633-45D8-B02C-0D1B2D0A1AD5.jpeg

I think there's a lot more to this story.
Indeed. For example "Boston police and federal agents did not have probable cause to search the luggage at that time but developed it after managers at the Stuart Street hotel ordered Morse to leave." What, did probable cause suddenly materialize out of thin air? One second it's not there, than the next second it is?

Indeed. For example "Boston police and federal agents did not have probable cause to search the luggage at that time but developed it after managers at the Stuart Street hotel ordered Morse to leave." What, did probable cause suddenly materialize out of thin air? One second it's not there, than the next second it is?
Once he had checked out of the hotel, I think he may have legally given up his right to privacy he enjoyed as the occupant of the hotel room.

Once he had checked out of the hotel, I think he may have legally given up his right to privacy he enjoyed as the occupant of the hotel room.
Maybe, would love to hear more about that. Luggage that was unsearchable while in a hotel room becomes searchable when you roll it out of the room? Wonder if his lawyer raises the "fruit of the forbidden tree" argument here. Guy's obviously a scumbag but the sanctity of the 4th Amendment has got to be preserved, even if it means some scumbags get off.

Terry frisk, and/or maybe Morse said something.

A search of his room turned up an AR-15 rifle with a mounted scope, a Yugoslavia MOD 59/66 rifle with an expandable stock, and a loaded .45 caliber Remington 1911 R1 handgun, as well as two large-capacity magazines and more than 50 rounds of live ammunition, according to the police report.​
600px-DrS030.jpg

... "Boston police and federal agents did not have probable cause to search the luggage at that time but developed it after managers at the Stuart Street hotel ordered Morse to leave." What, did probable cause suddenly materialize out of thin air? One second it's not there, than the next second it is?
... hotel management cancelled Morse’s stay and he departed without taking his bags.​

"a staffer at the W Hotel felt what they believed to be a gun barrel in luggage"

Don't you just hate it when they feel shit in your luggage?

W Hotel?

Bgyy5dV.gif

Do you guys really have subscriptions to the Globe!! online because I can't read anything ?

yugoslavia MOD 59/66 rifle with an expandable stock

What does this mean? A SKS "converted" with a poly sport type stock?

A search of his room turned up an AR-15 rifle with a mounted scope, a Yugoslavia MOD 59/66 rifle with an expandable stock, and a loaded .45 caliber Remington 1911 R1 handgun, as well as two large-capacity magazines and more than 50 rounds of live ammunition, according to the police report.​
600px-DrS030.jpg

... hotel management cancelled Morse’s stay and he departed without taking his bags.​
50 Rounds of LIVE!!!!! Ammunition? Wow, that's dangerous stuff!

"a staffer at the W Hotel felt what they believed to be a gun barrel in luggage"

Don't you just hate it when they feel shit in your luggage?

50 rounds of live ammunition 😱
Expandable stock 😱😱
Mounted scope 😱😱😱

That's some pantshitting journalism right there.

No mention of thing that goes up ☹

"and solvent used to make paint thinner sometimes used as a body-building material"

Granted, I haven't been in a gym in a long time and i had friends who would juice but not one of them ever mentioned using a solvent for bulking up. Kids these days. 1st he leaves a bunch of goodies at the hotel and when the cops grab him he has a pharmacy in his backpack.

Expandable stock?? Like camels and horses and cows and sheep???

I used to get those in my stocking at Christmas and my basket at Easter when I was a kid.

This is the exotic IMPORTED expandable stock.

GrowAnimalCapsules4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom