• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Newton Gun Shop getting pushback

That City Councilor should be personally liable to both the defendant and the town for incurring legal fees for going against the in house legal counsel.

Doing something unlawful when your in house attorney tells you it is unlawful and then expecting the taxpayer to pick up the tag for your deliberate acts violating the law. Yeah how about no...

Idiot probably thinks sugar daddy Bloomberg and his Monsanto mouthpiece aren't going to leave Newton on the hook for legal fees due to activist acts when the Mommys and Mayors Against the Constitution have left plenty of their pawns with hefty legal fees.

Not to keep beating the horse but that was what happened in Wilmington with the Detox, the legal team for the center said that the ZBA members would be held personally liable for stopping the project and the town would lose big time, after that they quickly approved it.

From the Newton Mayor’s newsletter tonight sounds like they plan to tell this proposed shop to hit the road. Not sure how this is legal:

“Since the proposed firearm dealer use has not yet opened at this location, should the City Council pass the proposed zoning amendments, the business would be prohibited from operating at the current prospective location.”

From the Newton Mayor’s newsletter tonight sounds like they plan to tell this proposed shop to hit the road. Not sure how this is legal:

“Since the proposed firearm dealer use has not yet opened at this location, should the City Council pass the proposed zoning amendments, the business would be prohibited from operating at the current prospective location.”

That reads like her bs from last week. It has been posted here and they have been advised by their own counsel that they would not likely stand against a challenge. Do you have a new, more current one? Matt

That reads like her bs from last week. It has been posted here and they have been advised by their own counsel that they would not likely stand against a challenge. Do you have a new, more current one? Matt

this was from her email tonight. I guess hasn’t been posted on the website yet. But correct, more of the same BS.

With a name like Joseph Abdullah Kammouj, I hope he goes to the city meeting and talks about how unwelcome the city has made him feel.

I like this angle - play the race/ethnicity card on them. What would they do? How could they respond.

Then he should put up a hate has no home here lawn sign in his store window.

The May 10th meeting is on Zoom. From the newsletter:

The City Council’s Zoning and Planning Committee will continue its discussion on May 10 when the public will also have an opportunity to speak about this issue. (Find the Zoom link by going to newtonma.gov, scrolling down to City Council, and on the night of the meeting clicking on the left hand side “Electronic Posting Board” and looking for the City Council Zoning & Planning Committee Agenda. Open the agenda and the Zoom link will be right there.)

Edit: The agenda isn't up yet so there's no Zoom link available. I can update here when it gets posted.

Edit2: I'm blind. I found it here: https://www.newtonma.gov/home/showpublisheddocument/68486/637545885361230000

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Comm2A or GOAL or someone is helping the owner out?

Listened to some of the previous meeting on April 26th. Pretty disgusting. Councilors were told they can't do this or that by legal, against the law. Councilors said why not do it anyway, what's bad about violating peoples rights and forcing them to litigate against us?

Does anyone know if Comm2A or GOAL or someone is helping the owner out?

Listened to some of the previous meeting on April 26th. Pretty disgusting. Councilors were told they can't do this or that by legal, against the law. Councilors said why not do it anyway, what's bad about violating peoples rights and forcing them to litigate against us?

Can you share the link? I need to get pissed off

Can we change the title of this thread? We need our people to show up to this meeting - esp Newton residents.
trying to talk common sense into wokesters only enrages their self-righteousness. you can try, but, i do not think they will let anybody else really talk. leftists now feel emboldened and are simply not interested in any opinions that do not correlate with their agendas.

trying to talk common sense into wokesters only enrages their self-righteousness. you can try, but, i do not think they will let anybody else really talk. leftists now feel emboldened and are simply not interested in any opinions that do not correlate with their agendas.

If this meeting is in person and they won't allow opposing views to talk then turn the fvcking place upside down.....literally. Bring bullhorns and drown out their meeting completely.

If this meeting is in person and they won't allow opposing views to talk then turn the fvcking place upside down.....literally. Bring bullhorns and drown out their meeting completely.

It's Newton. They require masks even when sleeping and social distancing is minimum of 12 feet, not 6.

Now that they know they can silence opposing views using Zoom, they'll NEVER go back to live meetings.

Not to be believed, but it is the unfortunate truth.

Have antacids ready.

Link to live meeting:

I watched the last meeting in completeion on this matter and now this one.

I wonder if they are breaking the rules by allowing the signs, posts and text over their faces stating "No Gun Stores in Newton" and such? Yup, there it is, a Trump hat. Let us see if comments come in about it. This would be the same as bringing signs into a public meeting.

Back
Top Bottom