• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Newton Gun Shop getting pushback

In most cases of gun control proposed by politicians it is all about control, and guns in the hands of the general population is just a threat to their control. In this case, I think it is more the average Newtonian’s total lack of familiarity with guns. In 1995, sociologist James Wright included among his “Ten Essential Observations on Guns in America” the following:

That “gun ownership is normative, not deviant, behavior across vast swaths of the social landscape”. The idea that guns are normal and normal people use guns may seem common-sense to those of us gathered here, but it’s actually a dramatic departure from the standard social scientific approaches that view guns and gun owners as deviant, and research literatures that are dominated by criminological and epidemiological studies of gun violence. This theme is so constant that the New York Times ran a headline just last week declaring, “Gun Research Is Suddenly Hot”. In fact, the story was about how research on gun violence is suddenly hot. Research on the lawful use of guns is as cold as ever.

Kareem Shaya makes a great point. In responding to the old argument “but guns are designed to kill people” he says that if that is true "then guns are empirically probably the most defective product you can buy”. He points out that there are now around 393 million guns in the U.S. and each year about 44,000 of them are used to kill people (including suicides), that means that 99.98880407% of the guns out there didn't “kill people”, so logic would say that if “guns are designed to kill people” the vast majority of guns are not functioning as designed.

The people who are opposing the gun shop do so from an irrational fear of “gunz” (hoplophobia as coined by Col. Jeff Cooper). While they usually are the first to throw out the bromide “follow the science”, they refuse to admit that the old saw “guns don’t kill people, people kill people” is supported by all the scientific evidence. I’ve yet to see a report of a gun leaping off a table and killing someone on its own.

Only until THEY dial 911 and need someone WITH ONE. Their hypocricy is undeniable.....except to them.
So true. I once had a neighbor who was a psychologist (and a nutcake) who when he learned that I owned guns (don't remember how that happened) started to go spastic. When he also learned that I was a police officer, suddenly all was calm in his world. Being a cop doesn't make guns more or less dangerous. It also doesn't mean that every cop is safe and responsible with a gun either! Thankfully, he moved to another part of town (all in MA of course).

Let's play a game. I'm going to switch a word in, and see how this comes out differently, OK?

Guess what? A lot of bad things aren't happening here, partly because there aren't a lot of blacks around

Seriously question for you: what's your interest in getting blacks into Newton MA? Do you live here? Why are you commenting on this? Because I live here, and we're doing fine without blacks.

Guess what? A lot of bad things aren't happening here, partly because there aren't a lot of hispanics around

Seriously question for you: what's your interest in getting hispanics into Newton MA? Do you live here? Why are you commenting on this? Because I live here, and we're doing fine without hispanics.

Guess what? A lot of bad things aren't happening here, partly because there aren't a lot of asians around

Seriously question for you: what's your interest in getting asians into Newton MA? Do you live here? Why are you commenting on this? Because I live here, and we're doing fine without asians.

Guess what? A lot of bad things aren't happening here, partly because there aren't a lot of gays around

Seriously question for you: what's your interest in getting gays into Newton MA? Do you live here? Why are you commenting on this? Because I live here, and we're doing fine without gays.

Guess what? A lot of bad things aren't happening here, partly because there aren't a lot of Jews around

Seriously question for you: what's your interest in getting Jews into Newton MA? Do you live here? Why are you commenting on this? Because I live here, and we're doing fine without Jews.

See how ridiculous this sounds when you single out one group of people? All of these statements sound and are horrible, just like the original one by r1969.

Last edited:
If I ran that place I'd consider a free safety course for local high school students over the age of 15 so they could apply for FID cards.
and just slip in there that if their parents really loved them, they'd have paid for the class while they were still 14, so they wouldn't have to miss their first hunting season...

The feelings and virtue signaling in this article are 10/10.

We live among complete morons that insist thier world view from Newton is a prescription for the entire country.

This. It's a lack of information.

Those of us who post here, and who've jumped through the hoops and laid out money to learn about and then purchase firearms, and who know the laws and follow them, tend to overestimate the amount that non-shooters know about this topic.

Many of our fellow countrymen are much more ignorant about all things firearms than we can possibly fathom.
Believe it or not, I had a Mass ADA try to convince me that anyone could go buy a shotgun in Mass without a license. I challenged him to go to BPS and try it. I offered him $100 if they even took it off the wall without asking for his license.

If I ran that place I'd consider a free safety course for local high school students over the age of 15 so they could apply for FID cards.
They could sponsor Eddie Eagle Safety Week the 1st week of October in Newton Public Schools too since the legislature designated the week and never funded it.

911 what's your emergency

Omg OMMMMMGGGGGGG THERE'S A GUY WITH A GUN GUY WITH A GUN.

Settle down, what's the address

*address of gun shop*

Is the guy running, shooting, or what's he doing with the gun.

It's a gGgGgGuUuUnNnN. It's so scawwy

So, what's the person doing with it again?

It's in a case, all black case. I don't know what's he going to do but I scawwed

911 click.

Surely you jest! 😆😆😆😆

The only thing a 14 year old kid in Newton is hunting for is his earbuds or Iphone.
There's some satire there, yes. And also, we can introduce folks to things outside their current lifestyle, "normalizing" it. The same parents that aren't taking their kids hunting also aren't signing off on their FIDs (recall that minors require parent/guardian consent). If we're planting one seed, might as well plant a few.

Looks like the dealer's been issued a Stop Order

Stopped him on a technicality. Which will buy time until they pass new ordinances banning gun stores in Newton.

"The stop-work order was issued because the store owner did not have a building permit, which is necessary to do the type of renovation work being done, according to a spokesperson for the city. The store owner never applied for a building permit before starting the work, said Newton City Hall spokesperson Ellen Ishkanian.

In addition to a building permit, once the work is complete, an occupancy permit would also be necessary before the store could open, she said."

Stopped him on a technicality. Which will buy time until they pass new ordinances banning gun stores in Newton.

"The stop-work order was issued because the store owner did not have a building permit, which is necessary to do the type of renovation work being done, according to a spokesperson for the city. The store owner never applied for a building permit before starting the work, said Newton City Hall spokesperson Ellen Ishkanian.

In addition to a building permit, once the work is complete, an occupancy permit would also be necessary before the store could open, she said."

Newton City Hall spokesperson Ellen Ishkanian:

1619188364383.png

There's some satire there, yes. And also, we can introduce folks to things outside their current lifestyle, "normalizing" it.
yeah, no! To the libtards, gunz are evil. Like, nazi-devil-Trump evil. You won’t introduce them to shit. Look, to us, pedophilia is evil. How much “introducing“ to it would it take for you to normalize it? They have a different point of view and won’t budge. It’s all in the head, man. They’re way beyond redemption.

yeah, no! To the libtards, gunz are evil. Like, nazi-devil-Trump evil. You won’t introduce them to shit. Look, to us, pedophilia is evil. How much “introducing“ to it would it take for you to normalize it? They have a different point of view and won’t budge. It’s all in the head, man. They’re way beyond redemption.

I think with many nons and even some lower level libtards you can get them to not fear guns, but often in most contexts this ends up being functionally meaningless from a voting sense.

The first thing that happens is they go "BWEAH BUT THERERYERE ARE MOAR IMPORANT THINGZ THAN GUNZ" as they then still willingly vote for full on moonbat shitbags who flush our rights down the toilet.

I think with many nons and even some lower level libtards you can get them to not fear guns, but often in most contexts this ends up being functionally meaningless from a voting sense.

The first thing that happens is they go "BWEAH BUT THERERYERE ARE MOAR IMPORANT THINGZ THAN GUNZ" as they then still willingly vote for full on moonbat shitbags who flush our rights down the toilet.

Most people are one or two issue voters. For Libs guns are not in those one or two things, unless it's anti. I can say the same for me as a right leaning independent. My one or two are the same thing and usually involve how a candidate will affect my gun rights.

Now that you mention it.

I humbly submit my public service advertising campaign.

But I wouldn't mount the billboards in Newton.
Not even facing the Pike.
I'd still mount them in Roxbury.

You'd be better served with a street team. There's lots of unemployed party/club promoters out there right now. You wouldn't be reaching billboard over the pike numbers, but those people can sure pack clubs.

The feelings and virtue signaling in this article are 10/10.

We live among complete morons that insist thier world view from Newton is a prescription for the entire country.

Those of you who are well spoken, go hit the comments section; PLEASE!

You'd be better served with a street team. There's lots of unemployed party/club promoters out there right now. You wouldn't be reaching billboard over the pike numbers, but those people can sure pack clubs.
Yahbut it's a two-in-one plan. Get more (legal) gun ownership amongst historically underserved communities,
and make it difficult to get a moment's rest from the cacophony of exploding libberal heads.

Or as someone wrote in tiny print underneath a toilet paper dispenser
in a men's room stall in a college dorm:

To be is to be perceived.​
[-- Bishop Berkeley]​

Or not; YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom