• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Newton Gun Shop getting pushback

Wikipedia: Newton, Massachusetts § Demographics

As of the census of 2010, there were 85,146 people, 32,648 households, and 20,499 families residing in the city. ...​
Newton, ... is known for its considerable Jewish and Asian populations. The Jewish population as of 2002 was estimated as roughly 28,002.​

Let me divide that for you.
How do you do a rough estimate and get 28,002? Not 25,000, not 30,000, but 28,002?
It's a number someone pulled out of his ass.

I wonder if the Newton Town Fathers are cynical enough to Hurr-Durr to the moonbats
that this One Weird Zoning Trick will stop the gun store -
even though they know it won't pass legal scrutiny.
Piss away a few $K defending a losing lawsuit,
then when the store inevitably wins,
shrug and tell the voters, "well, at least we tried...".

That is my understanding of what happened with Wilmington, the zba had a few members who rejected it, a selectman put fourth a change to restrict zoning to only industrial areas, but since the request was filed before all that happened it was grandfathered in and the detox won out.

I have no horse in this race, though I would go and shop there just to make a point, if the zoning allows for it, and it is a legal business then they should be allowed to operate, regardless of how many complain they don't want it in their back yard due to some irrational fear or political posturing.

This^
The Jews in Israel have a much different view on gun ownership than the majority of those here in the US.
My dad took a trip to Israel in the early 90's and told me he saw people carrying guns everywhere, it's a way of life, and nobody was freaked out by it.
Been there a few times recently for work. For the Israelis, I think they see them as more of a necessary tool for a specific purpose (defense and/or dispatching bad guys) and they are not at all politicized. You do see them almost everywhere especially closer to the West Bank and Gaza. Typically you will see black rifles, and nobody is triggered by them.

From the Village14.com comments.

Sounds like Miss Colleen here is not as much worried about gun shops as she is about 'those people' moving into her neighborhood. :rolleyes:

27jS7ZO.jpg

🐯
Now we just have to get a strip club opened next to that gun shop in Newtonville. Then you’ll have diversity. Lol

Now we just have to get a strip club opened next to that gun shop in Newtonville. Then you’ll have diversity. Lol
Up until the redevelopment of the Orr Block on the corner of Walnut & Washington there was a belly dancing restaurant (The Karoun) which had been open for a few decades!

View: https://www.facebook.com/karounrestaurant/photos/a.379255082319/10151581155332320/?type=3&theater

Been there a few times recently for work. For the Israelis, I think they see them as more of a necessary tool for a specific purpose (defense and/or dispatching bad guys) and they are not at all politicized. You do see them almost everywhere especially closer to the West Bank and Gaza. Typically you will see black rifles, and nobody is triggered by them.
My understanding from people who have been there is that only the "right" (in the eyes of the government) people are armed, including active duty military, the usual minions of the state, and persons the govt has seen fit to issue carry licenses to - similar to the US, with them being harder to get in the city than rural areas. Some of the requirements are interesting: Firearm licensing in Israel

Interesting tidbits from the site:

policy of the Minister of Public Security.

The law does not recognize a right to bear arms and anyone who wishes to carry a gun must meet a number of requirements and demonstrate a need to carry one.

The type of firearm and number of bullets that a licensed firearm holder is permitted to purchase is limited, depending on the type of license – in most cases the weapon allowed is a pistol with a limit of 50 bullets. A license is granted for a specific firearm and any additional firearm requires an additional license. An individual who wishes to carry a personal firearm must meet all of the preconditions and adhere to at least one eligibility criterion.

Last edited:
Up until the redevelopment of the Orr Block on the corner of Walnut & Washington there was a belly dancing restaurant (The Karoun) which had been open for a few decades!

View: https://www.facebook.com/karounrestaurant/photos/a.379255082319/10151581155332320/?type=3&theater

That was an Armenian restaurant. Went to dinner there with my girlfriends family in 1981. I was 17. The belly dancer was old enough to be my grandmother. Lmfao.

My understanding from people who have been there is that only the "right" (in the eyes of the government) people are armed, including active duty military, the usual minions of the state, and persons the govt has seen fit to issue carry licenses to - similar to the US, with them being harder to get in the city than rural areas. Some of the requirements are interesting: Firearm licensing in Israel

Interesting tidbits from the site:
I think all the guns one sees are for the most part carried by active or reserve military and police / security, but they are damn near everywhere. Mandatory service for nearly all.

Just another day at the beach in Israel
1618883911387.png

I view all my guns as necessary tools for specific purposes too, just like my garden tools, my plumbing tools, my carpentry tools, my electrical tools, my mechanics tools, my electronics tools, my welding tools, etc.

As to the Israeli jews not being " triggered" by guns everywhere......they're not triggered because they have orders of magnitude more will to defend themselves and their own families, friends and countrymen and survive than the vast majority of the milquetoast American jews everywhere in this country who have mostly ( with exceptions ) gone leftist.

I view all my guns as necessary tools for specific purposes too, just like my garden tools, my plumbing tools, my carpentry tools, my electrical tools, my mechanics tools, my electronics tools, my welding tools, etc.

As to the Israeli jews not being " triggered" by guns everywhere......they're not triggered because they have orders of magnitude more will to defend themselves and their own families, friends and countrymen and survive than the vast majority of the milquetoast American jews everywhere in this country who have mostly ( with exceptions ) gone leftist.
Just remember, that for every 1 leftist Jew there are 4 leftist Christians. Just look at Biden.

How do you do a rough estimate and get 28,002? Not 25,000, not 30,000, but 28,002?
It's a number someone pulled out of his ass.
Since the post you're bitching about has an actual hyperlink to the Wikipedia article;
a Wikipedia article with 72 distinct footnotes;
why don't you go read it,
and then report back here with what you've learned?

Just another day at the beach in Israel
View attachment 474282
Hope their stacking swivels stay clean.

Since the post you're bitching about has an actual hyperlink to the Wikipedia article;
a Wikipedia article with 72 distinct footnotes;
why don't you go read it,
and then report back here with what you've learned?
Go have a drink or something. I did read the article and still insist that this number has been pulled out of someone's ass, most likely not yours, so don't take it personally.

That must be a great store. They haven't opened yet but already have a positive review from Beth O.

Newton Firearms is exactly what I needed. They helped me learn safety basics and let me feel more confident in my process of buying a gun for personal protection.
— Beth O

These idiots:

So much FAIL^

First of all, it is NOT Newtons FIRST gun shop, there were other before it, but not currently in operation.

Then there's this completely misinformed moonbat:

“For me, it’s certainly more about safety,” said Alexandra Wolf, who started a Facebook group to stop the store. “Where there are gun stores there are going to be areas around them that have more gun violence, there is data out there that shows about you know what happens in proximity to gun stores. More guns, you have more gun violence.”

So where is the data that proves this ???
Tell me, how many gun shops are there in DC and Chicago ???
How about ZERO !

Then there's this completely misinformed moonbat:

So where is the data that proves this ???
Tell me, how many gun shops are there in DC and Chicago ???
How about ZERO !
I guess I better stay alert next time I get a clam roll at Bobs in Kittery with the amount of guns sold at KTP next door.

Thankfully Alexandra is here to give me the heads up on all the gun violence rampant on the mean streets of Kittery ME.

Back
Top Bottom