News on Steve Foley (SwatGig)

RIP, condolences to his family.
Never met him in person but from our interactions on the forum he was obviously a cool guy.

So sad. Just awful. He was always one of my favorite contributors and gave so much free, accurate advice here on NES.
I had no idea that he was such an asset to the firearms community.
There are so many great people on NES and I have met so few. Life always seems to get in the way. I keep telling myself that I am going to get to more events and meet and greets, but there is always a meeting, or appointment, work to be done.
When the world gets back to normal, I will be at the next one, and I hope to raise a glass with some of you to swatgig.
Prayers for his family.
RIP Mr. Foley.

R.I.P.

I'm glad I finally got to meet him a couple years back at one of LenS dinners and pre game at B&K.

People say that free law advice on a forum is worth what you pay.

Well, Swatgig gave out free advice and it was great legal advice that would normally cost a fortune.

He helped us out here and was kind enough to do so for free.

I'll miss him.

So sad. Just awful. He was always one of my favorite contributors and gave so much free, accurate advice here on NES.
I had no idea that he was such an asset to the firearms community.
There are so many great people on NES and I have met so few. Life always seems to get in the way. I keep telling myself that I am going to get to more events and meet and greets, but there is always a meeting, or appointment, work to be done.
When the world gets back to normal, I will be at the next one, and I hope to raise a glass with some of you to swatgig.
Prayers for his family.
RIP Mr. Foley.

What's funny is that even if you disagree strongly with someone on the forum, nearly every time they are great when you meet in person. Of course swatgig was a really nice guy, but not all of us are so nice online LOL. It's such a shame that we are dealing with this crazy environment and would have great difficulty to set up a bigger NES event. I miss the Monadnock shoots, especially the people. That really hits home when we lose such a nice and helpful member like swatgig.

I didn't make the open carry BBQ- can't remember if it was before my time or if I just didn't make it. That event seems to be universally liked and the location of Sterling, MA seemed to work for many. I was toying with the idea of sponsoring a venue for such an event. It would be very close to that Sterling location, about 15-20 minutes north of Worcester. During nice weather and on a weekend distant from holidays. BYO BBQ so no $tress over organizing but a cash bar (with cheap prices) might be an option. Maybe pass the hat for GOAL or Comm2A in honor of the members we have recently lost. Anyway, that's the thought once we don't have to worry about being busted by Chicken Charlie. I was thinking about this before all the covid crap developed.

I first met Steve in Sterling at an NES picnic and he gave me the complete set of MA gun laws.

He also attended a bunch of NES Meatups in Natick.

An absolute wonderful person.

My thoughts and prayers are with Steve and his family.
We met Steve for the first time at that same event in Sterling. Subsequently, he attended some of the B&K meet-ups and dinners in Natick/Framingham and my seminar. Super nice guy and a tremendous loss for our small community of like-minded people.

I never had a chance to meet him in person but it was obvious to me that he did a lot for gun owners and forum members during my time here. It is a sad day for sure. He was far too young.

My Heart goes out to his family members and they are in my thoughts and prayers.

Bob

ETA:
Hopefully a member will share this thread with his wife and family.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom