• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

News on Steve Foley (SwatGig)

Ah crap. He helped us with most of our trust a few years ago. Part, as in I never did my part to finished things, so he never cashed the check I sent him.

The level of honesty in our brief encounter was heartwarming.

He will be missed. The number he touched is huge.

I pulled out my trust yesterday as I’m in the process of amending and restating it. Seeing his signature saddened me. Our encounter was also brief, but he definitely left a mark.

I stumbled across this when looking for something about my brother, Steve. I love his screen name. It's a Saw Doctors song, Stone Walls And The Grass Is Green (SWATGIG) Thank you for all the kind words.
So that's where SWATGIG originates? Always wondered about that. Steve was a great guy. My wife and I had a meal with Steve along with Radtek and Lady Radtek then we all went shooting at Raddtek's club. For sure Steve and his advice is missed on this forum.

I stumbled across this when looking for something about my brother, Steve. I love his screen name. It's a Saw Doctors song, Stone Walls And The Grass Is Green (SWATGIG) Thank you for all the kind words.

Condolences for you and your entire families loss.

I knew Steve from Worcester Pistol and Rifle club in Boylston. I considered him a friend and enjoyed listening to his amazing life stories. I kept his business card in my wallet for quite some time.

Thank you @SWATGIG's sister for your effort to join NES so you could provide your feedback. ;)

Please pass on to the rest of your family that I think about Steve often and it makes me smile. Memories Eternal. And hope the family still has that red Jeep which he was so attached to.

Jay

Actually the song title is N17, and the lyric is part of a chorus.

I didn't think there was anyone else on this board that had ever heard of The Saw Doctors

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32-WdYOeJLk

The Saw Doctors Show last July in Boston sold out very quickly and was terrific!
In the early 90's I hired a couple of Irish guys that came over to try and find work. I don't remember where they from, but I do remember not being able to understand a word they said. Their accents were so thick, that you would not have believed it was English. And when they talked to each other they spoke wicked fast, and had these boisterous, deep hearty laughs.
So they would be rattling machine gun Irish at each other, that you would catch every tenth word or so, which was usually a curse word ( the used the "C" word excessively), and then burst into laughter. It was absolutely infectious.

Any way.... They loved that song and would play it as loud as they could in the beat up old pickup truck they shared, that they put a questionably acquired Blaupunkt in.

As many of you know, Steven Foley, whose was the member "swatgig" here, passed away about 3 years ago from Covid. He was an attorney in Worcester County who did some pro 2A work, and was also on the public defender list (known as Bar Advocates). He likely contracted Covid while selflessly meeting with his clients in court, at his office, and in the jails. About a month ago, Bar Advocates of Worcester County was seeking nominations for the inaugural Donald D. Deren Courageous Advocacy Award. Steven's name was submitted along with a description of his courageous advocacy both for criminal defense clients and his 2A advocacy. His recommendation received widespread vocal support, and I am happy to say that on October 26, 2023 he will be honored with this award.

I thought that I would bump eboos post from a week ago.
It's nice that Swatgig will be recognized for his work.

Back
Top Bottom