• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

News item: Police Commissioner Edward Davis to resign

I'm not sure if Ed Davis' impact was nearly as great as Menino's. No doubt his replacement with carry out the agenda of whoever controls Boston politics. Needless to say I won't be moving back anytime soon. I'll keep my fingers crossed for something positive to come out of this, although it may just be wishful thinking.

The police chief in a large city is a political position. They are FAR more politicians than they are cops. And as far as I know, all the police commissioners are appointed by city councils or mayors. And they do the bidding of their bosses. The punk in Chicago is from NYC, then went to Newark, then on to Chicago with an appointment a few years ago by Rahm. Rahm chose him for a reason and he is going to carry out the anti gun policies from Rahm.

35 years of service in the retirement system and he's 55. That means he's maxed out his pension and it's time to leave. The next Mayor will probably want his own Police and Fire Commissioners, so I'd expect Roderick Fraser to leave soon as well.

Meet the new Homeland Security Csar. After all he showed the feds he can impose marshal law on three major metropolitan areas and have the subjects thanking him for it.

So, at 55 he can retire and make what, like $100k a year? [thinking]

He'll make far north of $100k after his pension. He'll make $100k at least at Harvard with very light teaching. Then he'll also be a paid consultant to cities, states, businesses, universities, etc. since he was in charge when they caught those two highly skilled, dangerous terrorists [laugh].

They act like catching those two morons was a big deal. They set off two bombs, other than that success, they screwed up everything else. The unibomber last 15 yrs or something, these nitwits didn't make it 1 week. But Davis is an EXPERT now, so he'll be on the speakers circuit and make huge money consulting others. You'll also probably see him as the "terrorism" expert for CBS, or NBC, etc. and make big money for that. I wouldn't be surprised to see a book deal either.

I bet the first few years he'll pull in well north of $500k. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a $10 million net worth in 5 or 6 years.

Meet the new Homeland Security Csar. After all he showed the feds he can impose marshal law on three major metropolitan areas and have the subjects thanking him for it.

You jest, but this is exactly what I heard--taking over for Janet. Of course, I heard it on the internet, so...

Yes, but put him in front of students and it will be a turbo diesel manure spreader.

Maybe but he is such a boring speaker (and even duller in person) that they will all be asleep and just die peacefully drowned in manure! I pity the poor students that draw the short straws and are forced to take his courses.

Seriously, even Mumbles is more dynamic than Snoopy-dog Davis . . . even if you can't understand Mumbles, you stay awake straining yourself to make out an intelligible word or two from his speeches.

My father in law and him were actually born in the same hospital on the same day.

So who's next in line?

Let's not say things won't change or get better without due diligence.

I got a horse in this thing because I just blew $150 on IWB holsters I still can't legally use.

Back
Top Bottom