• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

News Article from the Brokton Enterprise

You can't say 'Oh, I want to join the club because it only costs two bucks for a beer,' or you can smoke cigarettes (inside)."

You can't but it is a nice benefit. [wink]

ustin Kelly, 19, also enjoys rubbing shoulders with his dad, a teacher who did not want to be identified out of concern his public school colleagues would hold his hobby against him.

Pitiful state of affairs isn't it. A perfectly legal, oldtime fun sport and people have to be afraid to admit they like it for fear of losing their jobs.

Nice article tho.

Pilgrim said:
ustin Kelly, 19, also enjoys rubbing shoulders with his dad, a teacher who did not want to be identified out of concern his public school colleagues would hold his hobby against him.

Pitiful state of affairs isn't it. A perfectly legal, oldtime fun sport and people have to be afraid to admit they like it for fear of losing their jobs.

Given where he lives, I understand his attitude. Most people in this state think only mass murderers own guns.

Years ago, I posted a target in my office. It was the first one I'd shot with a new gun, and I had 10 nice, large, round holes in the black part of the target. People would get very nervous when they saw it.

I think it was Bruce that Blogged about a College that cut it's rifle team for "Safety Concerns".

point being made that WAYYYYY more people are hurt from football or basketball than EVER on a rifle team.

Hell My father is down one knee and one hip from a High School Basketball injury.

My lefty friends are always telling me "Guns are ONLY FOR KILLING."

They don't like to listen when I retort.

-Weer'd Beard

dwarven1 said:
Pilgrim said:
Justin Kelly, 19, also enjoys rubbing shoulders with his dad, a teacher who did not want to be identified out of concern his public school colleagues would hold his hobby against him.

Given where he lives, I understand his attitude. Most people in this state think only mass murderers own guns.

Years ago, I posted a target in my office. It was the first one I'd shot with a new gun, and I had 10 nice, large, round holes in the black part of the target. People would get very nervous when they saw it.

The problem with that one is they named his kids full name. You don't think that the people he works with will figure that one out?

And I liked this:

"A gun is nothing but a tool to us to participate in the sport. It's like a hockey stick. You need a hockey stick to play hockey. You need a gun to shoot," he said.

It's true, and have you seen some of those hockey players teeth? I would think that the sticks are dangerous as well and should carry some sort of ban...

Back
Top Bottom