• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Newly Cerakoted E series 1911

turbo38gn

NES Member
I have to say.... WOW... thank you Marshall from Paper City Firearms. I picked up this E series S&W 1911, SC model in all black recently. It was used, couple little dingers on the lower, was thinking what to do when it came to me... I've been wanting the new Colt Marine model 1911, don't see it happening, so it was a no brainer. Time to try out Paper City Firearms for some professional Cerakoting... no regrets here, I also had some Colt preban mags I wanted to be coated desert tan...I drop em off, Marshall tells me he should get rolling on them by the end of the week... so I poke around a few days, check out the Cerakote sight and decide to change the shade a little. I contacted Marshall, he suggested I come over to the shop and check out the color chart.. so off I go, pick my colors and back to work. To my surprise, I get a call the next morning..... my stuff is ready!!! Wow, I'm surprised how quickly, so I blast over and I'll just let you be the judge...

A variation of the theme, also by Paper City

swe 001.jpg

Colors did not show well but are brown and Green with Black controls

Attachments

• sw 032.jpg
    sw 032.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
While that color wouldn't be my choice, it's obviously a well done job. Congrats!

Exactly my thoughts. I've thought about getting some of my prebans cerakoted, but the worn look grew on me. Maybe I'll get a couple of them done.

Yep, we did the black for contrat. The original Colt Marine is all tan... I need to get some grips to better match the scheme for looks, but wanted to initially use the E grips... I'll be poking around for grips when I get a chance. Anyone with any suggestions for grips, please post em...

Yep, we did the black for contrat. The original Colt Marine is all tan... I need to get some grips to better match the scheme for looks, but wanted to initially use the E grips... I'll be poking around for grips when I get a chance. Anyone with any suggestions for grips, please post em...

Hogue makes a Grip "kit" that includes grips and matching mainspring housing. All G10 material. I bet the green/black piranha would look excellent on that gun.

http://www.g10grips.com/pages/g10-colors-and-textures.php
http://www.g10grips.com/pages/g10-magrip-kits.php

Thanks Jeff.. not seeing what I'm looking for there. I poked around online... daaaamn, it tough to find anything for a round butt\bobtailed 1911..

Looks really good. I was pretty sure it was darker than the photo. Hows it handle on the range and for carrying? I've owned a two tone sc for a couple years and have never fired it. They are cool guns, yours is cooler now!

We were going to ride the motorcycles out to the Nascar race... but weather wasn't good down here.. watching Patriots and figuring to go do some shooting with it today.. I'll update..

VZ grips sells grips cut for the E-series bobtail

That's what I got, just came in this morning.. awesome, quick shipping even though they said like 2 weeks online. I ordered them last sunday.. Hyena brown.. I'll post an updated picture once I get them on..

Thanks for the suggestion, they seem to have the best selection..

Here we go...
6792c057a55f232554b856e8b689f75f.jpg

Thanks guys, I forgot to update last week after hitting the range.... the gun shot flawless, I like it a lot.. but I think I want to try to do a little trigger work..

Back
Top Bottom