Honest opinion? I would ditch the 22 and pick up a used full sized 9mm.
Recoil is very manageable. Ammo is more than 22 and less than 380
The problem now is the cost and availability of ammo. You are looking at 50- 60 to cents around now for 9 mm. If you can find it. You can still shoot six mags of 22 for the price of one mag of 9 mm.

Mass Rifle in Reading is where I want to go. The one in Weston was way too expensive, the one in Woburn is on a long wait....and you have to do community service prior to being accepted. I am a member in Dracut but it’s a 45 min drive.

Have you considered Mystic Valley Gun Club in Malden? It isn't too far for you. It's indoor range only but it's a nice facility and well run.

Right now? 9 and 380 are just about the same at street level, maybe another 50 cents or a buck for .380

Last edited:
The problem now is the cost and availability of ammo. You are looking at 50- 60 to cents around now for 9 mm. If you can find it. You can still shoot six mags of 22 for the price of one mag of 9 mm.

It's more like 40 cpr but those sources are also the first ones that dry out, and they're all rationed at this point.

Right now? 9 and 380 are just about the same at street level, maybe another 50 cents or a buck for .380
My thought wast that training with a firearm that jams every second round has got to be frustrating. And that if you ever needed a firearm. 9mm is so much more effective.

Agreed, 22 sucks but maybe the only semi-auto anything left when the Demonrats get through which the 2nd Amendment based on the AWB decree by Mauron.

M&P Shield and Glock 43 in 9mm are good carry pistols.

Last edited:
Funny how we tell a new member to change her avatar to remove her picture but we have this...
What do you look like part III...

Well, for one, most of us have little interest in the new dude to sign up, but apparently a woman with a nice smile lights up the board. For two, most already hide their true image on their avatar from the start. Posting it up on that thread you highlighted is completely voluntary and up to the individual's risk tolerance. Having your actual image as your avatar with your real name is just inviting doxing or stalking, particularly because of point #1. That's not to shift blame on the person who might be doing it innocently, but more to say "just be safe".

Well, for one, most of us have little interest in the new dude to sign up, but apparently a woman with a nice smile lights up the board. For two, most already hide their true image on their avatar from the start. Posting it up on that thread you highlighted is completely voluntary and up to the individual's risk tolerance. Having your actual image as your avatar with your real name is just inviting doxing or stalking, particularly because of point #1. That's not to shift blame on the person who might be doing it innocently, but more to say "just be safe".
Lol, Last I checked, Avatar choice is also voluntary. Just pointing out some White Knight hypocrisy.

We can Thank Wally World for pulling all self defense pistol calibers.

But they got 308 Winchester to feed your MA Springfield M1A battle rifle to keep the mob away.

5a6e3e7febce78651cf59af00c8329d0.jpg

Ha. There was a recent one. Except no one cared enough to recommend that he change his avatar or username. The same helpful posters in this thread acting all overly protective was making fun of the new guy in the other thread. Hilarious how these parched frisky dudes did a complete 180 here. Poor Frank.

Soon-to-be new shooter - what's the Handgun / Ammo situation in MA?

But come on, ain’t no stalker going after Frank. Nothing personal. They don’t bother me either.

Back
Top Bottom