Welcome!

Most likely we won't see anything until after the wu flu craziness settles down, but watch for GOAL's 'Women's Day at the Range' or whatever is their version of NRA's 'Women On Target'. Even if you already have your LTC, you can have a good time trying various firearms and get a refresher for skills and Mass gun laws.

Mass rifle is $175 a year and has a very nice indoor that allows pistols and rifles short of 50 BMG and is 24/7 barring any viral end of the world scenarios . Applications can be had Wednesday nights after 6 pm or a Sun morning.

Last edited:
Julie, .380 has always been expensive. When all this nonsense settles down, consider a 9mm. If you like the EZ, S&W makes it in 9mm now. Whenever I'm working a a friends house on the Burlington/Billerica line, I can here shooting so there's a club near by. If there's any pistol or revolver you'd like to try out let me know. Between my son and I we probably have one. NES has a lot of knowledgeable and helpful members and they may even go easy on you. If they don't I hope you have a thick skin.

She said affordable.

I like mass rifle, but its quite pricey.
Compared to a few boxes of ammo it’s not.
Honestly I’ve never understood the clubs are expensive argument. If you’ve spent hundreds of dollars on guns and ammo, you can afford a couple hundred bucks per year to join a club. I suppose if you shoot like once a year then maybe it seems expensive? I dunno.

Inquiring minds are gonna wanna know:

Standard or automatic?
Whiskey, Bourbon or Scotch?
Beer or Wine?
Patriots or Tom Brady?

[smile]

What about your thoughts on a Subaru and if you need snow tires???

Welcome to the loony bin.

What are you looking for in regards to training? Sig Academy is also a great place to go with a wide variety of classes.

Julie,
If this is the real deal... as mentioned just a few posts back 380 is expensive. My sister shoots it and as I just sold my 380 she is buying all my ammo for it. As for your 22, some 22's are just picky eaters. When things get a little better on the supply front get a few boxes of various brands and see what it likes. Also, every new 22 I ever bought needed to have about 500 rounds run thru it before making a single adjustment.

Oh and finally, Welcome.

Whether you guys that are cracking jokes are being serious or not about the gay “Maura” reference I have to ask ( on the extreme possibility that you are being serious ) is WTF is so shady about the OP and her post? I mean if you think that douch bag Maura wants to take a break from cuddling with her disgusting she male GF on her off time to start trolling on NES you guys seriously need medication.

Honestly I’ve never understood the clubs are expensive argument. If you’ve spent hundreds of dollars on guns and ammo, you can afford a couple hundred bucks per year to join a club. I suppose if you shoot like once a year then maybe it seems expensive? I dunno.

If you shoot at all, the expense of belonging to a club is just part of it, and pretty negligible at that.

I belong to two clubs in CT, $150 for one, $137.50 for the other.
When I'm in CT, I shoot almost every Saturday and Monday at one club and every Sunday at the other.
Figure five months, = ~20 weeks. Forty sessions at one and 20 at the other. Minimum.
You do the math.

I belong to one club in GA, (shoot regularly at 2 others), it costs me $500 for the year.
I shoot matches there twice a month, and generally practice at least once a week.
I can take friends there who aren't members, as long as I stay with them.
Ranges are open sun up to sun down - I've shot there in the dark with my weapons light.

12 tactical pits - anything goes as long as your rounds stay in the berm.
25 yard pistol, 100 yard rifle, 100 meter rifle, 25 meter pistol, 500 yard rifle.
Skeet, sporting clays & five stand; (they have trap but I haven't shot it yet).
Stocked pond and archery.
Clubhouse, weekly dinners, bar.

My last order of primers plus my last order of bullets cost more than my year's membership.

Whether you guys that are cracking jokes are being serious or not about the gay “Maura” reference I have to ask ( on the extreme possibility that you are being serious ) is WTF is so shady about the OP and her post?

Nothing is shady about it there's just a crew around here that thinks everything is a conspiracy.

Nothing is shady about it there's just a crew around here that thinks everything is a conspiracy.

Back
Top Bottom