Newbie with Saginaw S'G' Carbine

Hello, I just recently acquired a Saginaw S'G' 1804XXX carbine. I don't know much about these except what I have read on the internet. It has Buffalo Arm Barrel stamped 7 1943 and a stock with S'G' stamp on it. I am looking for an appraiser as I am not sure if I will keep it or not. Can any one recommend someone knowledgeable in MA to appraise it?

Thanks in advance!

the carbine Guru the I know of is Charles Hadley 207-741-2655. He is in Maine, but he comes to the MA gun shows. He was at the Marlboro show, not sure if he will be at the Shriners in March. Give him a call to find out.

If your in Eastern MA Greg Cauldwell of the Powder Keg in Mansfield 508-339-6574 is a military collector and has given appraisals to some in past.

Also Mark at Zero Hour Arms in Easton 508-584-0291 is a military collector too. He could give you a ball park of what your carbine is worth.

Good luck.

Thank you so much for the info. I would love to take it to someone who could disassemble it and see how much of it matches. I know taking it apart is easy for many of you, but it is beyond my skill level!

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom