Newbie question: 3-Gun at Harvard?

(Sorry if this is a repeat question... I've searched on this topic and did find a post from 2007 saying that they'd done some 3-gun last June)

Do any HSC members know whether there are any 3-gun events planned at HSC (or other area clubs)? I'd extend that to include any IPSC/IDPA shooting which includes rifle/carbine. Note that I'm not presently an HSC member (planning to correct that next week), and FWIW I'm a complete newbie to practical/action shooting in general (and yes, I missed the GOAL IDPA class last month[frown])

PS: The timing of this question coincides closely to the Model 1 sales group buy... there's a reason for that [smile]

(and yes, I missed the GOAL IDPA class last month[frown])

You really don't need the class. I think its great for people who don't have the confidence to just show up and try it, but its not necessary. As long as you're a safe shooter, any IDPA club I've been to will be happy to teach you the rest 'on the job' so to speak. If you have a pistol with a strong side belt holster and a couple of magazines (one or two belt mag pouches would help, but you can use your pockets to start out), come on out. If you tell the match director that you're new, most will pair you with an experienced shooter to show you the ropes. I'll be at the Riverside IDPA match on Sunday, and I'd be happy to help you out.

Or, you can come over to the dark side and shoot USPSA (IPSC) with us at Harvard. We have practices every Wed. night starting around 4:30-5:00PM. You're more than welcome to come down any week. We won't be practicing next week because we're setting up for the big Area 7 match for next weekend. You should def. come out next weekend to watch the match.

As for a 3 gun match according to the Front Site magazine we're having a match in Sept. but I haven't confirmed this as of yet.

Thanks,
Pete

Back
Top Bottom