Newbie here

Another vote for starting .22LR and going Green to attend a few shoots.

You'll get to see and shoot so many types of firearms at an NES shoot it will give you more breadth of experience that you can get at 99% of rental ranges.

Another vote for starting .22LR and going Green to attend a few shoots.

You'll get to see and shoot so many types of firearms at an NES shoot it will give you more breadth of experience that you can get at 99% of rental ranges.

and for the most part it just costs whatever you feed the owner's gun in ammo! people are very generous at shoots.

Hi all. Just an update. Since this last post on 8/13, I have joined a range (going to join a 2nd shortly). The first one I fired was a .22 revolver (4" barrel for less recoil), just to start off easy. I have fired a .38 revolver (2 actually-one snub nose, one 4" barrel), a 9mm Glock 40 (too much for me, but good to try), a 9mm Glock 17, and a 9mm Sig P226. I am trying to figure out what I'm most comfortable with. Am leaning towards the Sig. But I've come a long way in a month (thanks Mike P)! Wanted to share that. I am getting others on the bandwagon too. Once I got educated & practiced, I no longer feared them. And am enjoying target practice as a hobby! Who knew?! :)

Definitely start with 22lr rifle or pistol ONLY!
Work your way up slowly to higher caliber in small increments.
maybe visit range w/o gun first. do bring hearing protection.
give yourself plenty of time to get accustomed to loud noise and safe gun handling techniques by observing other shooters.
take some shooting classes. maybe try simunition training first.

Good advice.

Welcome to NES !

Hi all. Just an update. Since this last post on 8/13, I have joined a range (going to join a 2nd shortly). The first one I fired was a .22 revolver (4" barrel for less recoil), just to start off easy. I have fired a .38 revolver (2 actually-one snub nose, one 4" barrel), a 9mm Glock 40 (too much for me, but good to try), a 9mm Glock 17, and a 9mm Sig P226. I am trying to figure out what I'm most comfortable with. Am leaning towards the Sig. But I've come a long way in a month (thanks Mike P)! Wanted to share that. I am getting others on the bandwagon too. Once I got educated & practiced, I no longer feared them. And am enjoying target practice as a hobby! Who knew?! :)

exactly what all the posters predicted & expected--damn we are smart

welcome to the addiction

congrats and welcome to the addiction....

Back
Top Bottom