• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New YouTube video on: .22LR for Conceal Carry & Self Defense?

.22 bounces around dozens of times inside the body. It can turn the inside of a large moose into complete mush, even though it’s not powerful enough to penetrate out the back side.

This is why it’s the top choice for every super secret group of assassins the world over.

9mm may remove a lung from the body, but .22 bounces around so many times it turns both lungs into liquid.

As an internet expert, I won’t be watching this video. I already know everything about .22

Cue the "I wouldn't want to be shot by a 22" crowd....seen too many videos of bad actors keep on going after 9mm....that's why 44mag is how I roll...one and done....very slight sarcasm before you get your boxers in a bunch

For gym short carry

I carry my 22wmr weighs like 19oz loaded with 30 rounds

For in my town in bball shorts getting coffee or hitting walmart id carry my p17 too if i was feeling lazy

If i head into the methy parts though yeah I'm breaking out my 9

Unless you have a health issue that truly prevents you from experiencing ANY recoil, there's no reason to carry .22LR

I carry a Bodyguard 380 when my clothes when I pocket carry or a S&W Shield 9mm when I carry OWN or IWB.

I just found it the video interesting; mainly because I shoot a lot of 22's around 1000 per month,

whereas I only shoot 100-200 9mm per month and about 50 rounds of 380 per month.

In this video he does some impressive testing on the round and it's capabilities.

It's capabilities to jam whenever you need it.

Serious, as stated in post #3 - unless you can't carry anything else, a .22 ahould not be considered. And if you can't carry anything else, a .22 revolver might be best.

It's capabilities to jam whenever you need it.

Serious, as stated in post #3 - unless you can't carry anything else, a .22 ahould not be considered. And if you can't carry anything else, a .22 revolver might be best.

I bought a LCP2 in .22, mainly for the wife to shoot (but I shoot it too... it's fun)

I have never had a malfunction with a CCI Mini Mag in it.

I have had a rare one that won't go off even with 2 good strikes, but that's the ammo, not the gun.

Also I find my Ruger MKIV's and 10/22's to be extremely reliable.

Again I don't carry a 22... But I sure enjoy shooting 22's. I have ever since I was a kid.

Interesting how none says they would carry a 22

Cmmg Pistol Dissent Mk4 5.56Mm 6.5 in 30Rd​

g55a938fsg.webp

Still is a 22

Obviously there are better options.
However this is worth watching if you own any .22LR's or are considering buying a 22LR.
In this video he does some impressive testing on the round and it's capabilities.

What's wrong with carrying a 9mm... if I had a choice I wouldn't chose 22lr

What's wrong with carrying a 9mm... if I had a choice I wouldn't chose 22lr
Nothing is wring with carrying a 9mm. I often carry a 9mm. I don't carry a 22LR.
I found the video interesting because I shoot a lot of 22's.
I posted the video so could see that a 22LR is more effective, than most would think.

Nothing is wring with carrying a 9mm. I often carry a 9mm. I don't carry a 22LR.
I found the video interesting because I shoot a lot of 22's.
I posted the video so could see that a 22LR is more effective, than most would think.

With something like a Keltec PMR30, there's something to be said. But with MA neutered mags, and my Glock 44's propensity to be a malfunction trainer even after 800 rounds and 4 cleanings, the smallest I'd start contemplating is 9mm. .380 for my wife.

Unless I'm cosplaying as Mack Bolan, I don't tend to wear more than one gun openly at a time. So a lot of times when I'm hunting or fishing, I'll carry a .22 pistol of some sort. If the need arose, I could see that .22 being useful defensively. It wouldn't be my first choice but I don't spend every day in a combat zone. That .22 Single Six will be more effective than my Ugly Stik (I may or may not be referring to a fishing rod).

I bought a LCP2 in .22, mainly for the wife to shoot (but I shoot it too... it's fun)

I have never had a malfunction with a CCI Mini Mag in it.

I have had a rare one that won't go off even with 2 good strikes, but that's the ammo, not the gun.

Also I find my Ruger MKIV's and 10/22's to be extremely reliable.

Again I don't carry a 22... But I sure enjoy shooting 22's. I have ever since I was a kid.
LCP2-22LR.jpg

I have made some modifications and tested this pistol (LCP2 22LR) extensively.

It has a Green Laser, Upgraded: stainless steel guide rod, take down pin, recoil spring and flat faced trigger.

It continues to be 100% reliable with CCI and Aquila ammunition.

It shoots accurate and handles rapid fire well.

It's a decent carry weapon for my wife, who won't carry larger pistols and can't handle micro 380's recoil.

With CCI stingers I shot through a 2x4... so it penetrates better than most realize.

I "know" 22LR is not ideal, but it's better than nothing.

View attachment 773510

I have made some modifications and tested this pistol (LCP2 22LR) extensively.

It has a Green Laser, Upgraded: stainless steel guide rod, take down pin, recoil spring and flat faced trigger.

It continues to be 100% reliable with CCI and Aquila ammunition.

It shoots accurate and handles rapid fire well.

It's a decent carry weapon for my wife, who won't carry larger pistols and can't handle micro 380's recoil.

With CCI stingers I shot through a 2x4... so it penetrates better than most realize.

I "know" 22LR is not ideal, but it's better than nothing.

Its a good backup gun.. ankle..thunderwear etc

Back
Top Bottom