• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Yorkers shoot fireworks at each other in wild video

I expect many lost hands this year.

It seems that more fireworks are being sold than ever before.

LMAO that guy is a nipple head... NYC had a tradition of basically being total full on shithouse with fireworks in the 80s until Giuliani started cracking down basically there were people using illegal fireworks all over the city, white black yellow, every skin color or nationality. ..

Did you ever try to fire a roman candle and have it go backwards up your sleeve? My cousin did and it left a nasty mark.
It says do not hold in hand for a reason.... nobody ever reads that though until the one in 10,000 that actually ends up just blowing up all at once in somebody's hand.... if you're that unlucky bastard then you'll turn into "wooking pa nub" / stumpy pretty fast. Better off attaching them to a piece of wood or something with tape or whatever. That way if it goes full retard it's just going to destroy the stick and not your hand... having it go backwards...sounds like somebody was drunk and litvthe wrong end... lmao

The dump cities are going full retard on fireworks during this corona bs. Easily 2-3x more people using them, including f***heads that think blowing them up at 3 or 4 am is great lol.
Can confirm. They go FR between 9-2a. Sounds like they come from the Boston/Everett line. Or Malden/REVEAH DOOD

Close... So close... Put a shield on the right arm, and that is it. No helmet, no safety glasses... Then again, we also rode our bikes not only without helmets... We played Evil Kenevial... We would stacks some rocks... get some long boards, have people lie down after the ramp and then jump over them. Self reliance and responsibility for one's actions...

Used to have bottle rocket fights when I was a stupid teenager. We actually chose to stop ourselves when we inevitably lit one kid's shirt on fire. In any case, this is hardly a headline these days.

Relieved by the way this thread went. I had seen the vid somewhere else and it was put in the context of "OMFG LOOK AT THE CHAOS" and I just thought "Meh I did the same".

Yep. Relieved here as well....and very much did the same.
Though I'm jealous of the poster who mentioned taping to the handlebars.
Now I wish I did that back then!
Oh wait, I have a bike now.
:)

Sleepless NYer's decided that if they couldn't sleep, DeBlasio shouldn't either. [rofl]And the mayor promptly promised to deal with the firework situation.

View: https://twitter.com/NYScanner/status/1275278080580489217

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio (D) announced a task force Tuesday aimed at cracking down on illegal fireworks after city residents have registered thousands of complaints.

“We have concerns about this from all over the city, this is a real problem. It is not just a quality of life problem and noise problem, and it is certainly that … but it can also be dangerous,” the mayor said Tuesday at a press conference.

Last edited:

1) Would be a blessing if he truly found the Lord, but I think he is mistaken

2) Mortershell fireworks are not that hard to build. As well, What I used to also do was build much bigger things. You can remove the clay wadding of rocket engines and then add your own material to the nose cone - The Estes "Mosquito" was a particularly fine platform, and yes, a larger engine was always inserted. I had progressed to my own electric ignition board, but never to the point where I computer timed this to music.

They think that shit is bad? Wait until we start getting closer to the 4th July weekend with all the cancellations for festivities ...

it's gonna be straight up
6NfmQ.jpg

Back
Top Bottom