New York woman shot, killed by homeowner after car she was in pulled into wrong driveway

This matters. A lot.

You shoot to put down a threat. A car driving away ain't that, no matter how close you live to the nearest police station.
It does matter. I guess his driveway is at the end of a road so you think you are on the road but end up pulling up to his house. I guess it was very common for those lost in that area to do that. His neighbors speak poorly of him. The people did not exit their vehicles and realized they were at the wrong location and turned around to leave and the moron stepped out onto his porch and fired 3 shots at the exiting vehicles. I hope I live long enough to hear of him dying in prison.

Thank you! At least there is one other person in this world that isn't a preprogrammed robot.
I hear what you are saying, but where is the statement from his Attorney that what is described in the story, is not at all what happened?
I am a firm believer in two sides to every story. But... even if the shooters defense is he felt threatened, I doubt the young girl who was shot was the perceived threat. To me that would indicate that he was just shooting indiscriminately. And judging by the photos of the house, there is no way he was threatened, as it sits high above the driveway.
I completely agree that we should always be skeptical of the media and law enforcement, but sometimes the guy is just and ass hole.

NYPICHPDPICT000009784820.jpg

Interesting defense that the shotgun fired on its own after he tripped. That's actually feasible, since it's not a drop-safe gun. However, that doesn't justify the rest of his actions: running out of your locked house because you feel threatened is stupid; warning shots are stupid; lying to the cops is stupid.

did they ever verify that the car load of kids were in fact going to a party?

Was it ever determined that there was a party in that town (in that area) on that night that those kids were invited to?

Was it ever determined that there was a party in that town (in that area) on that night that those kids were invited to?

I don't see how that matters.

They were lawfully on a public way. Then they were unlawfully on his driveway, but as soon as they realized that they immediately turned and drove away, as have (apparently) dozens of others over the years. So clearly, if this is a common error that they sought to correct at once, it doesn't make them malicious in their trespass.

Whether they were going to a party, coming home from work, or off for an evening drive while listening to Taylor Swift doesn't matter; all those activities are legal.

It does say they were enroute to a party "according to authorities," which when filtered through news-speak implies to me that those "authorities" did enough digging to determine that that's where the kids were headed.

Yes, multiple times and they were driving away when he fired into the car.....from the safety of his porch....

He was an insane head case whose neighbors all said we knew it was a matter of time before he killed someone. Now if he gets the Whitey Bulger treatment day one it will be justice.

I don't see how that matters.

They were lawfully on a public way. Then they were unlawfully on his driveway, but as soon as they realized that they immediately turned and drove away, as have (apparently) dozens of others over the years. So clearly, if this is a common error that they sought to correct at once, it doesn't make them malicious in their trespass.

Whether they were going to a party, coming home from work, or off for an evening drive while listening to Taylor Swift doesn't matter; all those activities are legal.

It does say they were enroute to a party "according to authorities," which when filtered through news-speak implies to me that those "authorities" did enough digging to determine that that's where the kids were headed.
As Reacher says....in an investigation details matter.

If all was legit then no issues.

But if the kids lied to police about the party then it is possible they lied about other aspects of the evening..

Moot obviously as the conviction is past tense...

but just wondering if the party was legit...

Given the age of the kids it is more than likely true.

But just don't like loose ends.

Last edited:
As Reacher says....in an investigation details matter.

If all was legit then no issues.

But if the kids lied to police about the party then it is possible they lied about other aspects of the evening..

Mute obviously as the conviction is past tense...

but just wondering if the party was legit...

Given the age of the kids it is more than likely true.

*moot

There was a house in Vermont that I always felt sorry for the owners. Coming down thier road, there was a rise as you were approaching the house. As you reached the house, the road dipped as it made a sharp left and then dropped down a hill. Their driveway was directly in line with the road and continued the rise in elevation. There were no arrows or anything to tell you the road was turing and their drive was the same width as the road, so it looked like the road just kept going straight, but it was actually their driveway. First time I went down that road, I had to back out fo their driveway and in the two years I lived in the area I would see someone else make the mistake pretty often. If they had shot at everyone in their driveway, they would have had an impressive body count. Could never understand why there was never a sign put up or even just paint an arrow on the road.

Do you have reason to think any loose ends were left?

I’m sure the trial transcript is available if you want to track it down. If you’re the only one who cares much about this question, you should pick up the phone and call the PD there. I doubt anyone here knows.

This is what happens when you buy a gun, and neglect to educate yourself by reading, or taking serious training.
I know a number of middle and upper middle class people who WILL NOT partake of training and practice. They are either lazy, don't have the time or money, or brag that they don't need any training.

Considering how many ignorant newbies bought guns in the Kung Fu Flu panic, some of this was bound to occur.

And of course, the lefties are taking full advantage.
Chances are he inherited it.

This might fly other states definitely not in New York, and even then very questionable

There was a house in Vermont that I always felt sorry for the owners. Coming down thier road, there was a rise as you were approaching the house. As you reached the house, the road dipped as it made a sharp left and then dropped down a hill. Their driveway was directly in line with the road and continued the rise in elevation. There were no arrows or anything to tell you the road was turing and their drive was the same width as the road, so it looked like the road just kept going straight, but it was actually their driveway. First time I went down that road, I had to back out fo their driveway and in the two years I lived in the area I would see someone else make the mistake pretty often. If they had shot at everyone in their driveway, they would have had an impressive body count. Could never understand why there was never a sign put up or even just paint an arrow on the road.
I could fix that...

1706200355018.jpeg

Interesting defense that the shotgun fired on its own after he tripped. That's actually feasible, since it's not a drop-safe gun. However, that doesn't justify the rest of his actions: running out of your locked house because you feel threatened is stupid; warning shots are stupid; lying to the cops is stupid.

Maybe this explains the tampering with evidence charge, he tried to fake a defense?

When taking the stand for his own defense, Monahan said he believed his house was "under siege" by trespassers when he saw the caravan of vehicles. He added that the first shot he fired was a warning to scare the group away.

The second shot, according to Monahan, was accidentally fired after he tripped over nails on his porch and lost his balance, causing the gun to hit the deck.

Possibly.. it depends
Name the state and provide any facts you know. Hoping, wishing, or dreaming for the right to kill a person for turning around in your driveway won’t make it right, legal, justified or sane under the laws of any state.

Back
Top Bottom