New York to ban body armor

not all NY is a liberal cesspool, just like MA. I have family in several areas of NY and they are hardcore 2A. They lament the same BS we have here in MA.

I know people in upper state NY who are about as normal as can be and support 2A rights. They hate the people in and around NYC because the population is large enough to out vote the remainder of the state.

Proposed NY law: any garment of clothing must allow bullets to pass through it unhindered. To wear, possess, manufacture, or distribute any article of clothing that has a measurable reduction of bullet velocity, or deflection of bullet trajectory greater than that of a standard cotton tee shirt shall be a class 2 felony. The wearing of two or more of such garments shall be punishable by mandatory imprisonment for no less than 20 years to life.
Any heavy leather jacket is a felony - So no riding gear in NY

NY Fflonies are given letter designations (as in "Class D Felony") with "Class A" being the most serious; not number grades.
This was a parody. It was not intended to be taken seriously, just pointing out how foolish it would be to regulate body armor (similar to sound suppressors).

This was a parody. It was not intended to be taken seriously, just pointing out how foolish it would be to regulate body armor (similar to sound suppressors).
Obvious, but parodies are best when the details are accurate.

What did you end up getting?
I thought you said when and I went on a whole rant. It Is a non-tactical standard 3a+.

They have some special rating of their own creation that stops a couple extra rounds. By wearing it you wouldn’t think it would stop a standard nine. But I bet it does

Proposed NY law: any garment of clothing must allow bullets to pass through it unhindered. To wear, possess, manufacture, or distribute any article of clothing that has a measurable reduction of bullet velocity, or deflection of bullet trajectory greater than that of a standard cotton tee shirt shall be a class 2 felony. The wearing of two or more of such garments shall be punishable by mandatory imprisonment for no less than 20 years to life.
So a coat I can buy at Macys is illegal, under this proposed law...and can put me in jail for 20 years.

Attachments

• 19639865_fpx.jpeg
    19639865_fpx.jpeg
    61.3 KB · Views: 3
This is straight up bullshit. The whole reason i wanted it in the first place is when these lefties started rioting everywhere in the country. Now they are going for a gun grab which would screw a lot of people that have actually put thought and time into protecting their families

If .gov wanted to protect people from getting killed, shouldn't .gov require people to wear body armor at all times?

I know.

Government doesn't actually care about preventing deaths. It wants to prevent freedom.
This will prevent citizens from protecting themselves when they finally begin door to door confiscation.

Advantage: tyranny enforcers

I know it’s probably aren’t even said. So there’s so concerned about mass shootings and loss of life but they’re making it illegal to buy something that could actually protect you in a mass shooting..

They’re showing backpacks for kids to wear at school that are bulletproof and they sell foldable shields it’s more like a bullet blanket. So are we gonna make those illegal to or will there be an exemption?

All these laws are retarded but this one really takes the cake

I'd put you in jail for 40 years just for the color. [rofl] [rofl]

View attachment 623439
7bc973ec-bcc5-480f-9406-7ae81f0edfa3_screenshot.jpg

New York Democrats banned the wrong body armor and will be back with another ban.

Per the firearm prohibition site The Trace, Democrats banned soft body armor but not plate carriers and plates. So Hochul is salivating at the chance to ban more armor.
Archive link: New York Banned Body Armor. But Not the Kind Used by the Buffalo Shooter.
The legislation signed by Hochul bans the purchase of “body vests,” which are defined in state law as “a bullet-resistant soft body armor.” Soft body armor is flexible, more concealable, and designed to stop small-caliber rounds.
If the article is to be believed, Youtube personality Beau of the Fifth Column is the one who ratted and called for an additional ban.
Gun rights advocates were the first to flag the confusing wording of the ban. “Modern body armor isn’t soft. It’s a hard plate,” said Beau of the Fifth Column, a Southern journalist and content creator, who highlighted the gap in a recent YouTube video. Without a legislative fix, the law is a “feel-good measure” that’s ultimately ineffective, he said.

Back
Top Bottom