New York City Dying under De Blasio

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0

Bronx veteran cop says de Blasio is removing plain clothes cops from the streets and criminals are free to walk around armed. Sounds like Baltimore.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's NYC. A little alarmist to say it's dying. It's just having a spot of nostalgia for the 1960s!

The City that Never Sleeps survived gang wars at the turn of the 20th century, mass immigration in the first half of the 20th, rampant crime for most of the second half of the 20th. It has existed since it was New Amsterdam.

A bunch of wishy-washies won't kill New York. She'll just change again. Like London, which has endured since it was Londinium. Different day, different problems. Just don't live there, it's a fine show.

GaryO

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
It's NYC. A little alarmist to say it's dying. It's just having a spot of nostalgia for the 1960s!

The City that Never Sleeps survived gang wars at the turn of the 20th century, mass immigration in the first half of the 20th, rampant crime for most of the second half of the 20th. It has existed since it was New Amsterdam.

A bunch of wishy-washies won't kill New York. She'll just change again. Like London, which has endured since it was Londinium. Different day, different problems. Just don't live there, it's a fine show.
The last time I stayed in NYC was around 1990 at the Marriott Marquee. It was quite an experience being down there for a bachelor party. Outside the hotel was a group of black militants in camo and they all had machetes and bullhorns yelling at white people. I was talking to a cop and asked if that was common, he laughed and asked me if it was my 1st time in the big city. My brother in law decided to video them and said that we were making a documentary, the leader was more than willing to talk on camera. It was fun and went back a couple of times to see the parade and the Empire State Building but I don't need to go back.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last time I stayed in NYC was around 1990 at the Marriott Marquee. It was quite an experience being down there for a bachelor party. Outside the hotel was a group of black militants in camo and they all had machetes and bullhorns yelling at white people. I was talking to a cop and asked if that was common, he laughed and asked me if it was my 1st time in the big city. My brother in law decided to video them and said that we were making a documentary, the leader was more than willing to talk on camera. It was fun and went back a couple of times to see the parade and the Empire State Building but I don't need to go back.
Ha! Yeah, I grew up a bit in The Big Apple. When Times Sq was derelict, Bernard Goetz was in the news, and there was an inflated King Kong on the side of the Empire State Building.

Back then the Guardian Angels were a big thing. New York, what a town!

I visit every x years to remind myself how much I hate New York.

Radtekk

NES Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
I grew up in NJ. My father had an office at 11 Broadway, pretty much the tip of the island, around the corner from Battery Park. I used to go in to visit, wander around. Took the PATH train from Newark to WTC and walk 15 minutes or so to his office. Weekends sometimes I'd go to Greenwich Village and hang out in Washington Square Park with the "hippies". Spent time down on 42nd Street at the jewelers and electronics shops. Peep shows in Times Square. Sometimes I'd meet friends from far North Jersey by taking an NJ Transit bust to the bus terminal (I think 43rd but not sure, it was 40+years ago), wander around for hours and leave for home as late as midnight or 1am. Went to concerts at the REAL Garden (Madison Square). Went to the top of the WTC more than once, incredible view and experience in general. Fun times.

Haven't been back since before the towers came down. Now? Not even on a bet, unless I had backup and could OC an AR and wear body armor. And then I'd have to think long and hard, and there are STILL areas I'd stay out of. But as bad as it is now it's not as bad as it was in the 60's and 70's, think "Warriors". Not yet anyway...

GaryO

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I grew up in NJ. My father had an office at 11 Broadway, pretty much the tip of the island, around the corner from Battery Park. I used to go in to visit, wander around. Took the PATH train from Newark to WTC and walk 15 minutes or so to his office. Weekends sometimes I'd go to Greenwich Village and hang out in Washington Square Park with the "hippies". Spent time down on 42nd Street at the jewelers and electronics shops. Peep shows in Times Square. Sometimes I'd meet friends from far North Jersey by taking an NJ Transit bust to the bus terminal (I think 43rd but not sure, it was 40+years ago), wander around for hours and leave for home as late as midnight or 1am. Went to concerts at the REAL Garden (Madison Square). Went to the top of the WTC more than once, incredible view and experience in general. Fun times.

Haven't been back since before the towers came down. Now? Not even on a bet, unless I had backup and could OC an AR and wear body armor. And then I'd have to think long and hard, and there are STILL areas I'd stay out of. But as bad as it is now it's not as bad as it was in the 60's and 70's, think "Warriors". Not yet anyway...
My wife is from Glen Ridge Nj so her family thinks NYC is the greatest.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

its a little hard to explain it, but we were all "tougher" back then. We expected trouble, looked out for trouble, but it did not deter us from going out and having fun.

Its like kids today are just wondering around in a daze...no clue if they are walking into shit or not

enbloc

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
its a little hard to explain it, but we were all "tougher" back then. We expected trouble, looked out for trouble, but it did not deter us from going out and having fun.

Its like kids today are just wondering around in a daze...no clue if they are walking into shit or not
1593475333380.png

Rating - 100%
8   0   0

Londinium was burned down and all residents were killed....

Top Bottom