• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

new year's day

who going shooting on new years day?
I will be shooting the Sharps at Reading.

If anyone is around, stop by the 100 yard rifle range. I will be testing some reloads.

Just wink and blow a kiss so I know you are a NES member.

Weather permitting and the range gate is plowed out, I’ll probably go. I need to practice shooting my CZ 75.

Day? I've got an arsenal to fire off into the air at midnight, bucko.

No, not really. It's more of a cache than an arsenal. LOL

Country pond fish and game has a Lewis trap shoot starts at 9am new years day. Open to the public.

As for me I'll be hunting small game.

Weather permitting and the range gate is plowed out, I’ll probably go. I need to practice shooting my CZ 75.

I used to participate in a newsgroup forum rec.motorcycles.harley; and I remember the shitposting from our southern membership when it was snowing in the NorthEast. I might have posted a few impolite responses to them. I also remember thinking that winter wasn't a "bad thing" because it gave me offroad time to work on my bike each year - maintenance and upgrades.

Yeah. My frame of reference has changed. I really don't miss snow, slush and cold. That whole "weather permitting and the range gate is plowed out" - <shudder>.

I shot two matches this past weekend at my local club; our "ring in the new year" day match, and then we set up lights, repainted the targets with fluorescent paint, and shot it again as a night match after the sun finished setting. We used USPSA divisions, but the match itself was a "Pro-Am" steel match. Had a little bit of rain during both matches, but nothing a ballcap and raincoat couldn't handle. I wore shorts, that's how warm it was.

I ran my Glock 17 with a Trijicon RMR for both matches. I added my Streamlight TLR-1H for the night match. The hardest thing about the night match was the cloud of gunsmoke that sometimes obscured the sights of the shooter.

I came in 16th out of 58 shooters in the day match, and 9th out of 29 in the night match. Which for me is pretty good; because I consider myself competent, but far from expert and we've got some very good shooters down here.

I went to the range yesterday to spend some more time setting the clicks on my 1022 for different ranges. Got that worked out and written down.

Might go tomorrow; might just sleep in.

1577811759711.png

The CZ 75 is my favorite pistol!
I like the Hi-Power, but the newer CZ 75B is so nice!
It has quickly become mine too. I have the Compact PCR. I shot the full size version about a year ago and loved it. I dropped by my LGS a few weeks back, saw the PCR in the case. The sales guy gave it to me. As soon as I held it and did a couple of dry fires (with his permission, of course), I “accidentally“ dropped my credit card on the counter...20 minutes later I owned it.

Burnt up last years SD Ammo and a box of range ammo each,then cleaned all ready for the new year

Attachments

• IMG_1033.JPG
    IMG_1033.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1043.JPG
    IMG_1043.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 0
That blows having to guess if you'll have access.

My club the indoor range is up to 44mag inside 24/7. Outdoor range is always plowed out .......we pay a contractor to do it.

Years ago I was a member at Ayer gun club. The indoor range was 22 rimfire only and had to guess if it would be open.......they closed it when parties were being held upstairs in the bar.....and the website was never updated to tell if there were closures. The outdoor range was about 1/4 mile dirt road to get to it and "volunteers" plowed it......or not. You never had to worry about the bar parking lot and stairs being plowed and shoveled though lol. That club was NOT for shooters lol.....it was for alcoholics that may or may not have owned guns.

I shot pistol yesterday at my club, got my .45 P80 build broken in and zeroed, the M&P 2.0 .45 warmed up and the M9 still amazing me with its accuracy; third time in my 2 week vacation (5 P80 builds the other 2 trips), and shot rifle once (.308 RPR/5.56 MVP steel/300 yds and paper at 200). It was beautiful, snow covered trees. Ratio of trap/pistol/rifle shooters was 10:10:1 as trap and pistol have heat. Most crowded I've ever seen the club, but glad I went, though I now need a long gun outing. The Garands feel neglected.

I have to wonder if you mean Londonderry F&G?

No...it's near Andover NH and I never did make it. Company showed up...and with it being a 35 minute ride to the range, they saved me a trip. I drive by the range everyday on my way to and from work and as it turns out, it wasn't plowed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom