• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NEW WASHER RECOMENDATIONS ?

geoguy8

NES Member
OK NES, need your recommendations. 20 Yr old Bosch front loading washing machine having electrical issues, good excuse to get it replaced with a new top loader. The Brain Trust has never steered us wrong- what to buy? Want this one to last to the end! Wife is looking at Speed Queen, but have read some not so great reviews.
Thanks All !

OK NES, need your recommendations. 20 Yr old Bosch front loading washing machine having electrical issues, good excuse to get it replaced with a new top loader. The Brain Trust has never steered us wrong- what to buy? Want this one to last to the end! Wife is looking at Speed Queen, but have read some not so great reviews.
Thanks All !
We’ve retired 19 year old Maytag and bought an Electrolux a moth ago.
I’m still worried 😂

We've always had LG's. 10 year warranty, metal gear drive....Last set lasted us from ohhhh 2003 - 2021, and thats a family of 5 with three boys, always washing camping gear, hunting gear...we worked that damn thing. Washer went kaput but dryer was still going strong, but gave it away when we got a new matching LG set

We've always had LG's. 10 year warranty, metal gear drive....Last set lasted us from ohhhh 2003 - 2021, and thats a family of 5 with three boys, always washing camping gear, hunting gear...we worked that damn thing. Washer went kaput but dryer was still going strong, but gave it away when we got a new matching LG set

Same, family of 5, 3 girls. Whirlpool Duet saw daily use for 12 years now, still going but I feel my days are numbered. I don't think they make the Duet anymore because it lasted so long.

We have had great luck with LG front loader. Last one lasted 11 years, On 5th year on second one and matching gas dryer is on year 16 with heavy use

Everyone is going to say speed queen.

This has been debated before lol.

Stay away from Samsung as they seem to be the worst of the all the brands. We just bought an LG set last year and we are very happy with them so far.
this is the one I got my daughter

They are expensive but last a long time. My daughter with 2 little kids needed a washer, she said speed queen was too expensive and I paid the difference between what she was going to buy and the speed queen. Boy I forgot how kids get clothes dirty fast

Everyone is going to say speed queen.

This has been debated before lol.

Stay away from Samsung as they seem to be the worst of the all the brands. We just bought an LG set last year and we are very happy with them so far.
Speed Queen commercial top loader. Simple, easy to fix and rugged as heck.

Have read Speed Queen Built like a tank, but doesn't actually clean as well as others. Will never buy Samsung anything ever again after recent refrigerator fiasco.

I must have gotten the bad ones. Bought top of the line LG front loader in 2013. Biggest piece of junk. The thing always gets out of balance and just quits in the middle of a cycle. No errors or nothing. You only know when you open it and it is full of wet soapy clothes.

Various repair places have looked at it numerous times. No one can fix it. Does not matter what size the load, how hard you to try to mix up clothes and make a load that won't go out of balance.

Sad to say I unloaded it on some unsuspecting person but it was cheap $ so I wasn't a total jerk.

Go with Speed Queen.

Thanks All !
I’m a front loader guy. Was a huge fan of my whirlpool duets but when I moved, went with Electrolux.

i have 2 sets of speed queen commercial washer/driers, purchased from a laundromat going out of business, nearly 10 years ago. only parts ive needed so far were door seals and a relay. bought them because I can just get parts.

I think it all depends on usage. Everyone says no to Samsung but I'm going on ten years with my Samsung washer and dryer. But its just me and the wife......and I'll turn my drawers inside out before I do a wash.

We purchased top end LG front loaders in 2018, including the mini-washer base plus steam all around. We run them hard (at least 2 loads/day) considering we are just two people. The abuse comes from constanty washing horse blankets and other large bulky items. They have been trouble free, We have no balance issues. There is a filter on the front lower left that should be drained/cleaned regulary. I have done it once and only slightly dirty water came out. We have been pleased.

Just had 9 y.o. Electrolux dryer crap out and the washer was in rough shape so it was time to replace the pair. After some research and chatting with some people in the appliance repair world we landed on a new GE set.

GE® 5.0 cu. ft. Capacity Smart Front Load ENERGY STAR® Steam Washer with SmartDispense™ UltraFresh Vent System with OdorBlock™ and Sanitize + Allergen|^|GFW850SPNRS

Oddly enough I stumbled into this thread about and hour after reading this article.

The 7 best washer dryer combos of 2023, with tips from experts

Back
Top Bottom