• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Walther PPS

hessy

NES Member
Did anyone buy a 2014 PPS from Walther? I bought one in 9 mm just a couple of weeks ago and am very positively impressed. Buttery smooth crisp trigger, short trigger pull and reset, accurate to 20 yards and no malfunctions. Fired 200 rds and trigger pull is 5.5 lbs measured by scale. Called Walther and got 2 extra mags for $33.6 each and free S&H on black Friday. I think PPS is one of the most underrated good pistols here in MA. Highly recommended.

Last edited:
Ive got the PPS in .40 and so far its been great for me. Easy to conceal and for me it fits my hands like a dream. Dead nuts accurate too.

Yours must have the s disconnector. Sadly mine has the H one for now.

Last edited:
Yes, PPQ is also good, but it is full size. PPS has even shorter trigger reach and it is good for my arthritic fingers.

Ive got the PPS in .40 and so far its been great for me. Easy to conceal and for me it fits my hands like a dream. Dead nuts accurate too.

Yours must have the s disconnector. Sadly mine has the H one for now.

I heard that Walther has not imported ones with H disconnector in recently. So for a brand-new PPS you get the S and smooth trigger pull.

trigger pull is 5.5 lbs measured by scale. here in MA.

Sounds like you got a free state version. MA trigger is not pretty. Swapping in the S disconnector for the MA mandated H one makes it a good bit better.

Mine was also smoothed by Greg Derr, who will no longer work on them, unfortunately. Since he won't do them any more, I had him smooth out a couple Shields for me.

I'd called Walther before I bought the PPS and they told me they would not ship S disconnector to an existing gun in MA. So the best way is to get a new gun with S disconnector already in. I heard H disconnector PPS has not been imported since Walther separated from S&W. Don't know if that's true. One wonders what happens if you need to do a warranty work at Walther. But so far I didn't need it.

Last edited:
Sounds like you got a free state version. MA trigger is not pretty. Swapping in the S disconnector for the MA mandated H one makes it a good bit better.

Mine was also smoothed by Greg Derr, who will no longer work on them, unfortunately. Since he won't do them any more, I had him smooth out a couple Shields for me.

Can you tell what exactly Greg did to your PPS? Polished disconnector?

Can you tell what exactly Greg did to your PPS? Polished disconnector?

He swapped out the H for an S one and polished the parts before assembly. Not sure just what parts he polished, but I trust him and it is a very smooth trigger.

I'd called Walther before I bought the PPS and they told me they would not ship S disconnector to an existing gun in MA. So the best way is to get a new gun with S disconnector already in. I heard H disconnector PPS has not been imported since Walther separated from S&W. Don't know if that's true. One wonders what happens if you need to do a warranty work at Walther. But so far I didn't need it.

You can get the S disconnector from Carl in Tewksbury however unless you have a "german model" he wont work on it. Walther has repeatedly said ALL pps are made in germany and the s&w on my slide is merely the importer mark. Even still he wont install the dsconnector in mine.

Dark Horse Gunsmithing will do the trigger job, they are in South Hadley MA. They swap the part and polish components. They will get the part from a gunsmith that Walther will ship the part to.

When I got my trigger done they said the first couple were a little difficult but they have it down now. I dropped my PPS off on a Friday and was picking it up the folowing Friday. I think all these gunsmiths that did one and will not do any more, lost money on the first job and just quit on it instead of just charging for extra labor.

Last edited:
Good to know someone who does it as I planned to have mine swapped. Watched the video and said screw that..

How much did they charge you?

CCP has a manual safety and CCI. Kind of a good news (MA compliant) bad news (manual safety) thing.

The safety does look like it's hard to accidentally put on!

walther-ccp.jpg

CCP has a manual safety and CCI. Kind of a good news (MA compliant) bad news (manual safety) thing.

The safety does look like it's hard to accidentally put on!

View attachment 121861

There are really negative reviews on Walther forums about CCP. People say it is made by Umarex and not Walther. Quality and engineering of the CCP are not up to Walther's name. I'd rather have PPS than CCP. Now if Glock finally releases a single-stack 9 mm, that's going to be interesting.

Last edited:
The disco swap on my PPS was one of the most difficult things I've ever done on a pistol. Ranked right up there with complete disassembly of a CZ82, and the first time I ever took the Ruger MKIII down completely. [laugh]

There are really negative reviews on Walther forums about CCP. People say it is made by Umarex and not Walther. Quality and engineering of the CCP are not up to Walther's name. I'd rather have PPS than CCP. Now if Glock finally releases a single-stack 9 mm, that's going to be interesting.

Not everything out of that Umarex factory is junk like the early P22s. The PPQ M2 .22 is quality, as is the M&P22.

But while I'd trust a .22 PPQ, I'm not thrilled about trusting a 9mm from Umarex. Bummer.

I have a couple year old PPS with the Ma trigger. Have not shot it much lately but am getting back and just truly hate the trigger. I have watched the posted excellent video and feel comfortable doing it myself. I already have the "S" disconnector and a new roll pin.

Can someone who has familiar with this gun give me some pointers on what to polish to smooth out the trigger. The new S disconnector is a bit rough from the stamping which I will smooth out and polish, but are there other things I can get at this stage of breakdown that will help the action?

Hey can one of you PM me w a source for the S disconnector? I have been unable to find. Thx

For those looking for S disconnectors for the walther PPS, feel free to PM me as they are actually quite easy to find.

I would like to put in a plug for Dark Horse Gunsmithing.

As mentioned above I wanted to have my Ma PPS switched to a "S" disconnector.
Thought of doing it myself but also wanted to have a full trigger job done while it was apart.
I called Dark Horse and talked with Bill. He said they had done many and already have the parts in stock although I had them also. He turned me over to Max the PPS man and he said he would be happy to do it. I explained It was a 2 1/2 hour drive each way and would it be possible to drop it off when they opened the next day and waite till it was done. They said, to my surprise, absolutely.

So I dropped it off yesterday and about 2 hours later picked it up. The trigger was like night and day and Max showed what he had done to the trigger which was superbly done.
The trigger is so much smoother and lighter now. The price was also very reasonable for all they did.

I highly recommend them to anyone that has a Ma PPS with the "H" disconnector.
They were very polite answering all my many questions and very accommodating, what more can one ask of a place of business.

Dark Horse Gunsmithing
South Hadley, Ma.
(413) 992-6357

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

This is an old thread, I know but I just got back from Northeast Arms in Peabody with my Walther PPS - big shot out of thanks to Tom and Steve. I got the part from Earl's Repair Shop and was going to send this over to Dark Horse Gunsmith, but Northeast Arms actually did the work for less money and they did a fantastic job too! If you're from Peabody or live nearby, check them out for your PPS work.

http://www.northeastarmsllc.com/

Back
Top Bottom