new walmart seabrook

Just wanterd to give fellow Mass. N. E. S. members the bad news the new Walmart in Seabrook, N.H. according to my salesperson will not sell ammunition to ...any...Mass. License holders.

He said because the Mass. Attorney General Wrote a letter to Walmart. It is the stores new policy I then offired my Non Resident N.H. License and they still refused.

gunho

Just wanterd to give fellow Mass. N. E. S. members the bad news the new Walmart in Seabrook, N.H. according to my salesperson will not sell ammunition to ...any...Mass. License holders.

He said because the Mass. Attorney General Wrote a letter to Walmart. It is the stores new policy I then offired my Non Resident N.H. License and they still refused.

gunho

Are you absolutely sure of this? I bought ammo there on 10/12, nine days ago without them even asking to see ID.

Oops, sorry. I had Dick's Sporting Goods in mind as they are on the other side of the mall. I wonder if the policy changed there, too. Did you try them? OTOH, how can the MA AG stop us from shopping in NH?

Last edited:
I bought some yesterday in Plaistow, I would think it would be applied in all Walmart stores not just one. Then again I wouldn't put it past the AG to send that letter if she hasn't already. I don't want to believe this is actually the case both because it seems like a big move on the AG part and I go to NH all the time so that would be a big problem for me.

Absolutely sure , It was an older salesman the gentleman was short with glasses and he asked the guy in front of me if he had a Mass. Drivers License he answered yes and he said sorry!

So don't offer any license that makes sense .....genius's he was expecting us to argue and I walked away in disgust.

But like I said I produced my Non Resident n.H. License and he said sorry your still from Mass. Then rambled on about new store policy and the Mass A.G."s letter. I walked over to dicks and found CCI .22's no problem.

I just call Dick's Sporting Goods in the same mall in Seabrook and was told that they sell ammo to MA residents. I tried calling Walmart, but cannot get anyone to answer from the sporting goods department - no shock there.

I have bought in Walmarts all over N.H. never had an issue the first time I tried last week in Seabrook was the first time they said no.

Hate to be the bearer of the bad news .

Absolutely sure , It was an older salesman the gentleman was short with glasses and he asked the guy in front of me if he had a Mass. Drivers License he answered yes and he said sorry!

So don't offer any license that makes sense .....genius's he was expecting us to argue and I walked away in disgust.

But like I said I produced my Non Resident n.H. License and he said sorry your still from Mass. Then rambled on about new store policy and the Mass A.G."s letter. I walked over to dicks and found CCI .22's no problem.

I just contacted Walmart in Seabrook and was told that as long as I have a MA LTC, they will sell ammo to me, so I'm not sure who or what you encountered. As I said before, Dick's in the same mall doesn't ask for any ID.

I just contacted Walmart in Seabrook and was told that as long as I have a MA LTC, they will sell ammo to me. As I've said before, Dick's in the same mall doesn't ask for any ID.

Maybe a training or lieing issue on the part of the person working the desk when gunho was at the store? Could have been the rule is you can't sell to someone with "just" a MA driver's license and that got turned into you can't sell to someone who "has" a MA license?

Maybe the guy is sick of all the MA people coming and buying all the ammo?

I'd chalk it up to ..well you know, walmart employee.
I would think that letter would have been sent back with a copier print of someone's ass.
Martha planning on telling NH fireworks stores who they can sell to as well?

Back
Top Bottom