New Vermont Dealer Laws....BETTER!

As of May, 2009, Vermont now allows her residents to purchase long guns in ANY state, not just contiguous ones. The new law also allows FFL dealers to sell long guns to the resident of any state, again, not just contiguous ones as it formerly was, as long as that state's requirements are met as far as licensing is concerned. We maintain an 07 Manufacturer's/SOT Class III license in VT and a full time FFL 01 store front in MA. It makes it easy for us now when an out of state customer comes in to buy a gun in the MA shop. We simply take customer and gun north about 20 miles to the VT location and process the sale after making a book transfer of the gun from MA to VT. Thank you VERMONT!

Sweet! This means i assume CT residents can buy there as well..and we have on licesning for long guns so it should be simple..just like when i buy a long gun in NH!

bucket, you are right. As long as the buyer has the proper credentials required to own a long gun in their state Vermont dealers can complete the sale direct to them. We have already sold long guns to VA, MA, CT, ME, and more. It's about time too!

Hi guys, I'm new to this site but did find this topic close to what I was interested in. I live in FL but am working in CT. I would like to purchase a rifle or shotgun, probably both, while I'm up here. From what I've read I can go to VT and buy them, is that correct? Keep in mind I do not have a CT driver's license just mine from FL. Any info is greatly appreciated.

I see you are from Readsboro! My girlfriend grew up there, nice small town! Her dad is still up there sometimes..has a small car shop there

Back
Top Bottom