New vehicle, what the hell do I do now

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
2 HR Meeting with the owners of my local dealership, myself and my wife. Have a written agreement to reimburse my entire out of pocket money on the 2019, sell me an exact 2020 for the same money, and pay to have the accessories added onto the 2020.

Local dealer now will purse reimbursement with the NH dealer.

New 2020 ordered, I have the build sheet for late March, delivery mid April.

No extra compensation but I am happy to end it.

Although it ain't mid April yet. ;)

Thanks all!

PS, there will be a point that I will ID the NH dealer and exactly how badly butchered my truck is.
Nice man. Did they reimburse the sales tax?

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
2 HR Meeting with the owners of my local dealership, myself and my wife. Have a written agreement to reimburse my entire out of pocket money on the 2019, sell me an exact 2020 for the same money, and pay to have the accessories added onto the 2020.

Thanks all!

PS, there will be a point that I will ID the NH dealer and exactly how badly butchered my truck is.
call the atty anyhow and upper-decker their entire restroom. Lol

congrats.

smokey-seven

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Happy to hear that! Best wishes.

Nice man. Did they reimburse the sales tax?
If the dealership was smart, they could book the other vehicle in as a trade in at the exact same cost as the new vehicle, negating any sales tax on the new truck.

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

Thanks all!

Yeah, but get the NEW truck in your driveway first...

fencer

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0

Thanks all!

Congrats HarryM. Best possible outcome in my opinion. You obviously took the appropriate steps and measured approach of not going ballistic, as much as I am sure you wanted to, when interacting with your dealer. In matters such as this, losing your temper and slinging idle threats, rarely achieves the desired results.
I don't care what anyone says, Chevy and GMC trucks are the best full size trucks in the business overall. Yeah, you can always find unhappy customers with all brands, and it doesn't matter who makes the vehicle. There are just as many horror stories among Ford, Dodge and Toyota owners. I buy a new truck every three years or so, and I have test driven the competition, and even bought a Tundra in 2010, (which I almost immediately regretted), but my current Silverado is a real driver's truck. It handles like a dream, gets outstanding gas mileage, and has more power than you will ever need. Most of my driving is highway and I just turned 75k on the odometer. The truck is still the balls.
I have never been much of a gadget guy, but once you get used to a back up camera, hands free cell phone and talk to text, you wonder how you lived without it. Not to mention navigation, remote starter and an information center that gives you all of the critical info and diagnostics at your finger tips. Stuff I never thought I would use, I have come to appreciate so much, like the MyChevy phone app that lets you use your cell phone to lock\unlock, and start your truck from anywhere. It came in pretty handy when Christmas shopping with my two teenage kids who finished while I was standing in a ridiculous check out line. I was able to unlock my truck and start it from a 1/4 mile away with my cell phone so they didn't have to stand in the rain with their bags.
Not to mention 4 wheel drive that will climb my steep driveway with 18" of snow on it, like it is not even there.
I hope you enjoy your new truck(s). Glad it all worked out.

HARRYM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
call the atty anyhow and upper-decker their entire restroom. Lol

congrats.
btw, I did speak to an Attorney, she told me say this, do that"
the dealer that sold the truck will blow it thru an auction and get what he can for it, washing his hands of it in the process.
Cant the owner of a vehicle add to their own carfax history? Add 'dealer buyback of defective vehicle' to it
That's a good question. The dealer did not report it as he has his own body shop. And even then he butchered it. Instead of replacing the RR quarter panel he banged it out, welded a patch over the hole, bondo and painted it. It's already showing rust under the back side of it.

I am VERY LUCKY that he failed to match the paint perfectly. This caused me to investigate, finding the missing SLE emblem, wrong GMC emblem on the tailgate, the body shop report was a nail in the coffin. Had I not noticed the paint I would have driven it and down the road the quarter panel would rust and then I could never prove that I bought it that way. Someone was looking out for me.

appraiser

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I have never seen an private party owners name or any information from an owner on a CarFax report

Their data is compiled from public records , and dealerships & repair facilities that sell your information ( by way of the VIN) to them.

CARFAX® receives data from more than 112,000 different sources including every U.S. and Canadian provincial motor vehicle agency plus many police and fire departments, collision repair facilities, auto auctions, and more.

So the places you trust to fix your banged up car, are selling the info to Carfax, and when you go to trade it in the dealer runs a report, finds it was in an accident, and even though it was repaired they ding you a few grand on value.

This is why diminished value needs to be part of any insurance claim settlement

Engineer

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
2 HR Meeting with the owners.... Have a written agreement to reimburse my entire out of pocket money on the 2019, sell me an exact 2020 for the same money, and pay to have the accessories added onto the 2020.
Thanks for the Update - Very to hear about the appropriate outcome !
Good on you for making it work as you have.

Top Bottom