New vehicle, what the hell do I do now

HARRYM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brand new, less than 2 months old. Sold as brand shiny new. Couple of things seemed wrong, took it to an independent body shop, had significant repairs, likely entire bed switched out, total of damage unknown, Dealer when confronted says "something "may" have happened, give us some time to discuss here, told them I don't want the damn thing, none of this was disclosed. I feel like a victim of a scam and a fraud.

Not sure where I go from here but I'm out 40K.

HARRYM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely take it back. The fact that they allowed this is ridiculous, then they don’t immediately take care of you when confronted? Out the dealer...
I'm holding that back right now, this is likely going to end up in court. There is a problem in that the truck was sent down from a NH dealer to a MA dealer. I think this is gonna be a mess.

kope

NES Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Seems as though I've read of similar situations on here before. I believe that a "new" vehicle is one that has never been registered outside the dealership. Unfortunately, lets hope it didn't happen, but It may have in fact been involved in a fender bender on a test drive, fixed, and still sold as new once repaired.

Can you take photos of the damaged areas ? I'm kind of curious.

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So, you bought a vehicle with 0 miles and 2 months later it needs major repairs, and you didnt get in an accident?

Dude, take it to the dealership, park it there and walk away.

Take plenty of pictures, video, have something from your mechanic saying what it needs.

Contact the manufacturer, the AG and maybe even some news channel. Take it from there.

Might be worth to pay a lawyer to send a letter to the dealership and the factory. Let them think you will sue.

HARRYM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems as though I've read of similar situations on here before. I believe that a "new" vehicle is one that has never been registered outside the dealership. Unfortunately, lets hope it didn't happen, but It may have in fact been involved in a fender bender on a test drive, fixed, and still sold as new once repaired.

Can you take photos of the damaged areas ? I'm kind of curious.
Changing out the entire bed plus whatever else was done doesn't seem like a fender bender to me.

HARRYM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, you bought a vehicle with 0 miles and 2 months later it needs major repairs, and you didnt get in an accident?

Dude, take it to the dealership, park it there and walk away.

Take plenty of pictures, video, have something from your mechanic saying what it needs.

Contact the manufacturer, the AG and maybe even some news channel. Take it from there.

Might be worth to pay a lawyer to send a letter to the dealership and the factory. Let them think you will sue.
Had 89 miles on it.

kope

NES Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Fender bender, rear ended, collision, accident, car carrier mishap, call it whichever you'd like. My point is that it may have been involved in some sort of "accident" , repaired , and then sold as new.

HARRYM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, that's pretty much 0. It is new. Some people probably test drove it and you mentioned they got it from a NH dealership.
My MA dealer says he is a "victim" as well. Says they were NOT told of this in any way shape or form. The truck was only at the MA dealer 2 days until I took delivery of it.

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Brand new, less than 2 months old. Sold as brand shiny new. Couple of things seemed wrong, took it to an independent body shop, had significant repairs, likely entire bed switched out, total of damage unknown, Dealer when confronted says "something "may" have happened, give us some time to discuss here, told them I don't want the damn thing, none of this was disclosed. I feel like a victim of a scam and a fraud.

Not sure where I go from here but I'm out 40K.
Doesn't NH have a lemon law? Dealers take back cars all the time, go accuse them of fraud.

HARRYM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fender bender, rear ended, collision, accident, car carrier mishap, call it whichever you'd like. My point is that it may have been involved in some sort of "accident" , repaired , and then sold as new.
I have been told Dealers have all kinds of weasel moves that allow them to hide the true cost of repairs and claim the repair was minor and fully allowed by law.

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'm holding that back right now, this is likely going to end up in court. There is a problem in that the truck was sent down from a NH dealer to a MA dealer. I think this is gonna be a mess.
It's their mess, not yours - the details of THEIR problem aren't important to you - tell them to take it back or you sue them.

Maddawg1952

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Just a guess on my part, but sounds like it had an "InciDENT" on the dealers lot in NH or elsewhere and GM, or the dealer, fixed it and sent it out for sale, as new. Best thing I can think of is Lawyer up and Contact Someone in the TV or Local media about the deceit and Fraud with the dealer not mentioning this during the sale. This isn't going to be pretty, DON'T get left holding the smelly end of the stick that's most likely coming.

Last edited:

BrianWilson

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Maybe get a second opinion...written, to confirm....then definitely 1-800 Maura. Give them something useful to do.

TC McQuade

NES Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
The problem with parking it at the dealership and walking away is:

1. You still have a loan which you are responsible to pay back!
2. You will have to continue paying insurance until this is resolved.
3. You will continue to be responsible for the vehicle.
4. You will be out transportation.

You will have to deal with this and resolve the problems. Do you have a lawyer yet?

richc

NES Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
My son bought a brand new Chevy Colorado that the dealer said was unfixable at 8 months. And GM tried to screw my son over big time. They have no effing soul.

AG was useless even after multiple contacts. Lawyered up. 93A action. And even with that they GM waited until the 11th hour to resolve the issue. GM will use every loophole and avoidance issue in the book to force a settlement that is favorable to them.

That's what works. And GM paid our legal bills too. F*CK GM!!!!!

BTW you probably will eat the accessories cost. Chalk it up to a cost of getting your money back. Unless this goes to court and the dealer/mfr really pisses off the judge, you won't get that money back.

Last edited:

TheGreekFreak

NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Sure it does but this seems like a fraud case, how exactly would GMC "warranty" a wrecked "new" truck. I'm out my trade, I'm out sales tax, + $2000 in accessories that I put on it.
If you document everything and it's as you say, I think you'll be fine. You can't be out any of that stuff without getting a new truck in return lol they can't just walk away with all of it. Going through the hassle of getting the new truck is where the headaches are at.

Dealerships are typically the scum of the earth, especially lower volume ones that will do anything shady to make a sale. I would not settle for anything but a perfect vehicle when buying a $40K+ new truck. Become the pain in the ass they want to be done with asap, hire an attorney if it gets to that point. I would also avoid driving the vehicle until the matter is resolved.

Best of luck man.

Reactions: ldi
Top Bottom