New tumbler - Thumler's Tumbler

Well, I decided with the absurd prices of ammo lately and the short supply of calibers I enjoy shooting I would get into reloading. Ultimately, once my tax return ends up in my mailbox I'm going to go with a Dilllon 550. Until I get those checks however, I've already took the initiative to order a tumbler. Since noise is a major concern I went went the Thumler's Tumbler Mobel B:

rotary_b_small.jpg

The standard of handloading experts. Heavy Duty, professional quality tumbler. Features larger, more powerful motor - continous duty, fan-cooled with overload protection. Steel hexagon barrel with removable rubber lining for long, efficient and quiet operation. 15lb capacity. 5 year guarantee on barrel and liner. Extensively used by serious hobbyists, laboratories, schools, industry for an unlimited variety of tumbling and mixing operations.

Anyone have any experience with this product? People say the rotary ones are much quieter than the vibrating ones, I hope that's the case!

My initial plan is to reload mainly .40 S&W and then move out to .45, 9mm, and .223. I'm sure I'll need help getting everything going once I have all the pieces of this puzzle.

I'm looking forward to saving $$!

I hope my vibratory tumblers crap out so I can get one of them. Goose has the same one so ask him about noise etc. Good luck with new endeavor.

I've had one in regular use for over 30 years. They're a great product and are indeed much quieter (virtually silent) than a vibratory tumbler, which I also have.

I have both case cleaners and the “tumbler” is definitely quieter but the “vibrator” is faster by far and does a better job. Just my experience.

I use a two inch thick by two foot square plastic foam pad to set the vibrator on and then place it in the spare bathroom with the door closed, it’s the only way to use it and not have the noise bothering us. [frown]

I've had one in regular use for over 30 years. They're a great product and are indeed much quieter (virtually silent) than a vibratory tumbler, which I also have.

Ditto 30 years. I've had to replace the belt twice in that time. Most recently, one of the motor bearings was growing a bit stiff; it took me less than 20 minutes to disassemble the motor, freshen up the bearing (it was the cup in the rear), and reassemble. Now spins as freely as if new.

Outstanding product.

One suggestion: if you put the tumbler directly on a wooden bench (or shelf), some of the vibration will propagate through the bench (or shelf) and contribute to the noise. If you put the tumber on a square of rubber padding (such as the shelf liners some folks sell for tool chests or the egg-crate stuff sold for holding down parts being sanded), it will insulate the tumber from the bench and make it quieter.

Well, I decided with the absurd prices of ammo lately and the short supply of calibers I enjoy shooting I would get into reloading. Ultimately, once my tax return ends up in my mailbox I'm going to go with a Dilllon 550. Until I get those checks however, I've already took the initiative to order a tumbler. Since noise is a major concern I went went the Thumler's Tumbler Mobel B:

rotary_b_small.jpg

Anyone have any experience with this product? People say the rotary ones are much quieter than the vibrating ones, I hope that's the case!

My initial plan is to reload mainly .40 S&W and then move out to .45, 9mm, and .223. I'm sure I'll need help getting everything going once I have all the pieces of this puzzle.

I'm looking forward to saving $$!

Rotary tumblers work; my first tumbler was a rotary. Vibratory tumblers are much more efficient as they clean the brass in a fraction of the time. My Dillon tumbler does all the work while a top of the line, brand new Thumler's tumbler (as shown in the picture) sits unused in its box. Any offers?

Rotary tumblers work; my first tumbler was a rotary. Vibratory tumblers are much more efficient as they clean the brass in a fraction of the time. My Dillon tumbler does all the work while a top of the line, brand new Thumler's tumbler (as shown in the picture) sits unused in its box. Any offers?

How much do you want for it? I'm looking for one for my kids to use to polish rocks.

If your planing on buying a Dillon 550 your going to have trouble the with the tumbler keeping up with your presses appetite for brass. I sold my Thumbler and bought the big vibratory Dillon.

Back
Top Bottom