New Toys - EAA Witness Match 10MM and Witness Limited 45ACP

awm

NES Member
[devil]

TSMbwUU.jpg

3MMiStA.jpg

Thanks!

EAA Witness Match in 10mm. Got it to the range this past weekend and shoots like a champ!

Should this not go in the Gun Gallery section under December acquisitions? Just saying. Opinions may vary....Nice just the same.

Yea I typically post here because I will update as I use the gun with real feedback. I usually find the Gun Gallery section it all gets blended into one mess of a thread is all and never is there good feedback on the weapons.

That looks pretty real to my eyes. Where's the orange tip?

Hahaha the orange safe chamber indictor is in the case now!

Took it to my indoor range again last night.

Impressions:
1) Gun is pretty heavy and in a good way as it feels balanced in the hand which makes the recoil on the 10mm very managable
2) Gun shoots super low...good news is that it comes with adjustable target sights so it looks like in shipping it may have shifted and I of course didnt have the right tool to adjust. Wasnt terrible but it was shooting about 2" low so had to fully cover the bulls-eye with the gun aiming about 2" high at 15 yards
3) Zero issues with failure to extract or failure to feed. I used a few types of ammo including some crappy steel casing ammo (200 grain blazer steel) and the gun ate all of it without a hiccup
4) The front sight im going to switch out to a fiber optic (either dawson precision or comparable). Personal preference but I like the fiber optic front better.
5) Cleaning is so simple. Almost as easy as my glocks. Push out the slide stop, slide comes off, pull out guiderod and spring, then barrel. Done.

I am very happy with the gun. Will be even better when I get it sighted in then will measure the stock front post and get a similar height fiber optic one.

I also have another EAA coming in in 45acp. Limited model will post up with pics once it is in but should be here end of week!

My elite match 10mm is great. I upgraded to a 20lb Wolff recoil spring, and it is not enough; my brass flies into the next zip code with anything close to real 10mm.

'40s&w plus' level ammo might be fine.

The EAA is probably one of the most comfortable designs for your strong hand.
Henning Tanfoglio Custom Parts has a lot of great parts for the EAA. Which is good because they guns break a lot if you use them constantly. I had to bring 2 to each match just to be able to finish

Yea already got some stuff from them!

Out of curiosity what is/has been breaking?

Yea already got some stuff from them!

Out of curiosity what is/has been breaking?

The factory sears/ hammers would round easily, causing hammer follow. I had sights break off. Slide stop pin break. Safety broke. frame peening.

I really wanted to like these guns, but I ended up getting rid of them after I replaced most parts with Hennings stuff

The factory sears/ hammers would round easily, causing hammer follow. I had sights break off. Slide stop pin break. Safety broke. frame peening.

I really wanted to like these guns, but I ended up getting rid of them after I replaced most parts with Hennings stuff

Wow not doubting you but did a bunch of research and asking around and got rave reviews on them.

Was looking at STI, high end Springfield armory, etc and was actually told by competition shooters they liked EAA over those.

Hopefully these work out! Appreciate the info too will keep an eye on those parts. I’m already doing the Henning upgrade kit on both but will have my gunsmith check the other stuff too.

The 9mm seem to last, I know a few guys that shoot them in production. I just don't think they handle the major power factor well without henning and EGW parts. Its possible the quality has improved since I had mine. I hope this is the case as I really liked the guns when they worked

Very cool guns.. great ergos, soft shooting. As Supermoto touched on, they are not known for being durable.

Cool yea I don’t mind if they are wear and tear parts. I’ll be shooting mainly production 10mm and .45acp no double tap or buffalo bore.

Really was going for something different, accurate, and fun to shoot.

Time will tell if they hold up. Will definitely be doing the Henning upgrade kits on both. Will also keep the above mentioned parts on the radar and will post up any issues.

Haven’t been to EGW website yet but will see what they have to offer too. Guns will be going in next week so have some time to accumulate more parts if necessary but may start with the Henning kits and go from there.

Again really appreciate the info!

Do the steel frame ones also have heavy trigger slap out of the box? My poly framed 9mm did. It was annoying and my finger literally was sore after shooting 2 boxes through it. But it did eat up those 2 boxes of old ammo at the range right from the gun store, all I did was wipe the olive oil off it with some paper towel. Trigger job is real easy on this anyways (mix of pen spring and factory cz parts plus polishing), and some file work on the firing pin safety ramp on the slide gets rid of most of the trigger slap.

Do the steel frame ones also have heavy trigger slap out of the box? My poly framed 9mm did. It was annoying and my finger literally was sore after shooting 2 boxes through it. But it did eat up those 2 boxes of old ammo at the range right from the gun store, all I did was wipe the olive oil off it with some paper towel. Trigger job is real easy on this anyways (mix of pen spring and factory cz parts plus polishing), and some file work on the firing pin safety ramp on the slide gets rid of most of the trigger slap.

Not at all trigger is actually really smooth and nice no trigger slap at all or at least I don’t detect any.

Back
Top Bottom