New toy.....

quinnjalan

NES Member
Was looking for a decent USPSA gun for a while and finally found one on Arms List. Yes, I know its never a good idea to buy a used gun online and worse yet from a different state. However, I asked a fellow shooting buddy to check it out and he actually bought it on the spot and shipped it up to me. It’s an STI DVC Limited.

B59A1B60-A615-4A6A-9F70-7E895A665A8F.jpeg

It still had the oil on it from STI and looks like only a hundred rounds through.

09130DA8-74E1-4CDB-90B9-B55C3D532ED9.jpeg

After a good cleaning I went straight to the range, well truth be told it’s had a few trips so far. It’s a great shooter and more accurate than I’ll ever be....and the trigger is just wonderful.

5AE37359-DA94-4A0E-8246-131058EF9B7C.jpeg

Mods so far are pinning the backstrap safety and screwing on a bigger mag release button. So far I’m liking my new toy.

I looked at one of those at the LGS super nice!
If I could afford one I’d still have trouble paying 75 bucks for the mags!
No one else makes a double stack mag for them so your stuck with buying from them.

Enjoy! Super jealous!!!

I looked at one of those at the LGS super nice!
If I could afford one I’d still have trouble paying 75 bucks for the mags!
No one else makes a double stack mag for them so your stuck with buying from them.

Enjoy! Super jealous!!!

Yup, mags are pricey. Since I’m using it for USPSA I bought a six pack 140mm from MBX Extreme. They cost as much as a decent gun by themselves. It pained me to spend that money on nutured 10 rounders....but this is MA. Buy once, cry once....moving on.

Very nice! Awesome guns. Never shot one but I’ve dry fired them and the triggers are slick. And who doesn’t love hard chrome!?

Maybe I’ll see you at a match soon. I don’t dabble in Limited, just Production and Single Stack minor.

I though those mags were based off para or something? People actually use crippled mags in SVI/STI? (outside of cali, at least) first I heard of that.... its become a running joke.

Me: Nice mags with that how much those run? whats the 9mm cap?
Guy: "I can get like 21 rounds in there... werent cheap tho, just got them tuned too. "
Guy: "....oh yeah, preban mag tubes..... preban."
Me: (insert Risitas laugh here)

my stomach hurts just thinking about it... lmao.

Nice gun regardless, though....

-Mike

Last edited:
I could live with that. No really. Please?

Very nice! Awesome guns. Never shot one but I’ve dry fired them and the triggers are slick. And who doesn’t love hard chrome!?

Maybe I’ll see you at a match soon. I don’t dabble in Limited, just Production and Single Stack minor.

Had a few Glocks but could never get the triggers to feel right. The STI trigger is great. I’m definitely out of my league in Limited but I’m in it for the fun.

I though those mags were based off para or something? People actually use crippled mags in SVI/STI? (outside of cali, at least) first I heard of that.... its become a running joke.

Me: Nice mags with that how much those run? whats the 9mm cap?
Guy: "I can get like 21 rounds in there... werent cheap tho, just got them tuned too. "
Guy: "....oh yeah, preban mag tubes..... preban."
Me: (insert Risitas laugh here)

my stomach hurts just thinking about it... lmao.

Nice gun regardless, though....

-Mike

Trust me it really hurt to buy 10 rounds mags. However, getting into a pissing match with a local cop is simply not worth the hassle. At some point I’ll move to a real state....hopefully before the whole country goes to hell in handbag.

Back
Top Bottom