• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New toy! Savage Ashbury precision ordinance bolt action .308

awm

NES Member
Just came in!

Cleaned it and installed a vortex viper 6.5x-20x 50mm scope.

Area419 muzzle break being installed and rifle getting bore sighted at Pullman arms.

Will have range results this weekend but it is bad ass....

https://imgur.com/a/ml3vd

Haha it’s 1,000 yards minus a zero!

i figure why the F not get something overkill. I do have occasional access to a 200 and 400 yard range though.

will post a bunch more pics I had to drop it off to get muzzle break on and bore sighted but should have back in a day or so and will post more.

You bore sighted and put the muzzle break on and picked up today so let me know!

Sprinted over to Worcester Pistol & Rifle in my lord the thing is AWESOME!

Hit paper the first time, was a little high and to the right. Bunch of pictures but the target pics the center I was still dialing it in. I also didnt have my bi-pod on so was literally shooting with it on the champion suede holder but was too low so I have 2 2x4's stacked underneath it which didnt help with accuracy lol....

Link to pics are below. MSRp was $1800. Got it brand new in box from top 10 seller on Gun Broker for $900 plus the $150 mail in rebate so $750. Not a bad investment!

Scope is Vortex Venom 6.5-20x50MM. Muzzle break is area419 hellfire break (kinda of expensive but totally worth it).

Let me know if anyone has any questions but I have shot a .308 ruger precision rifle and this is hands down better IMO.

Thanks!

Adam

ERftsmy.jpg

FRcMI96.jpg

cXGsIXF.jpg

Kinwmrh.jpg

eSntKCj.jpg

Total BadAsssss..... Come over to our range..... 300yds.... but would love to get a video!!!

Last edited:
May I ask how it's "hands down better" than the Ruger Precision?
More accurate?
Better ergonomics?

I have the BA10 Stealth in 6.5 Creedmoor and it’s just ridiculously accurate. I believe the guns use the same action but have different furniture. 3 shots into one hole @ 100 yds is common. I haven’t done it with 5 in a row yet but I’m working on it. 5 into the size of a dime isn’t tough.

I have not shot them but I handled them both in the gun shop. Few things that stand out for me and I'm not a bolt gun guy.
The savage right from first touch it felt better. The trigger with out playing with it was nice and crisp. Mind you I'm used to mil surplus triggers and 4.5lbs min.
Savage action felt stiff and snug and felt like it would smooth out with use. Not a big fan of the stock.
The ruger trigger did not have that "smooth" feel.
The stock was a bit sloppy but easy to adjust and with the little time I had I felt like it had a better range of adjustability. The bolt was smooth but I don't know felt , it had a feel to it like it would get sloppy with use?
Few guys at the club have them and between them I don't see much difference down range. 200 yards they are shooting MOA prone. They both have 308 for the 20" barrel.

I think the Savage trigger is a little better than the Ruger's, but its a small difference. Pretty nice rifles, both of them, for the money.

Back
Top Bottom