• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New toy on the way and found an old one

basscatfrank

NES Member
I received an email today that my Zastava OPAP shipped. I should have it in a few days. I will be waiting for warmer weather to shoot it, however.

On a side note, I was putting some things in my safe when I remembered that I had a shotgun stored in the rafters. Many years ago (over 30), I was an avid waterfowler. I had three shotguns I used to use. One was a Mossberg 500 that I received as a 16th birthday present and another was a Savage/Stevens 12 gauge double that I bought when I was 18. When I moved out of my childhood home I left them there and took the third with me. Since I didn't hunt anymore I put it away and forgot all about it. I was surprised at how good the condition was when I took it out of it's case. It's a Smith & Wesson Model 1000 12 gauge semi. I may have to start shooting it again.

Must be nice to live in a free state.
Not to thread hi-jacker, my Great Grandmother moved into an assisted living community, when helping the family get ready to sell her home in upstate NY to pay for her rent I found an old ithica .22. I have the almost exact same one. My Grandfather bought one for my Dad and Uncle when they were young. He said they each cost about $20 new. My uncle handed his down to me when I turned 16 and my dad always said that was his.
Long story short, I found my fathers .22 behind a bookshelf. He put it there the day before he left for Basic Training over 30 years ago. Now the pair sits happily in my safe.
Its always fun finding stuff.....

Back
Top Bottom