• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New to me bow. Where to get adjusted?

I got a used compound bow. Is there a place I can bring it where I can get all setup and adjusted? Looking to get draw length, draw weight etc adjusted. I'm in the Worcester area.

Only place I can think of is Cabela's.

Thanks!

The skill of the tech will determine the fit of the bow. You will be better served by a true archery shop. I don’t have any ideas for your area though but other members will be along to contribute.

Bob

Another vote for Reedys.
I've purchased a couple of recurve bows and other stuff from them.
Very nice guys and a sweet little shop.

I used to live in Belchertown and stop in R&R when visiting the area.
Nice guys and a decent shop.

Please note, depending on what brand of bow and how old may depend on what can be adjusted and how much.

Hopefully the bow you bought fits within the draw length adjustment range, or if it needs cams or modules that might be hard to find.

Most bows have 10# of adjustment in weight and 4-5 inches of draw length. But if it's a Mathews or old Bowtech or something it may require new cams.

what brand , model is it?

as mentioned, you may need new cams dependig on what you bought.

there is also x spot archery in attleboro on rt1.

Yep, Jerry’s. He’s a really nice guy and takes the time to get it right. Reasonable prices. Got a grwat small game hunting knife too while I was there.

The bow was free to me, so I didn't spend a lot there. It's a PSE The Beast.

Trying not to spend more than it's worth, so hoping for a quick adjustment instead of buying cams and a new string

The beast name has been around a long time it will depend on what year it is.....

If it's an oldie, I doubt there would be parts or a lot of adjustment, nor would it be worth putting any $$ into it.

The 2018 model goes from 27.5-33 which would cover almost anyone but a short draw guy...but likely if you got it for free, it's liklely not a newer model.

I'm from Central MA like you and I go up to Jaffrey, NH at Pelletiers Sports, they are really good guys up there and will treat you right. They sell Mathews, PSE, Bowtech so all the brands are covered. Tax free and worth the easy drive.

There really is no good shop in Central MA that will want to take their time and take care of you like Pelletiers does.

While your up there hit up Kimballs Farm for Seafood or Ice Cream....

Last edited:
I got a used compound bow. Is there a place I can bring it where I can get all setup and adjusted? Looking to get draw length, draw weight etc adjusted. I'm in the Worcester area.

Thanks!
Archery Plus in spencer..right next door.
Archery Plus | Archery Plus
I haven't been there in a few years, but was a good experience back then.

Thanks!
Watch the total weight of your arrows. If you are set up for a total arrow weight for your bow, do not go less. For example, if you use a lighter shaft make sure your arrowhead compensates for the reduced weight. If the total arrow weight is too light for the bow it could ruin it.

Back
Top Bottom