• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New to me 91/30

Soxfan9

NES Member
Picked this up today: hex receiver, 1933 Tula mfg. This is my first Russkie. My bulldog likes it too.
IMG_0147.jpg

Too bad we didn't have some of these Remingtons. :D

1c5807c3.jpg

Heres some history to go with that photo.

Rem-UMC Rifle Works Warehouse, Bridgeport, Connecticut in 1916.
Remington-made Mosin Nagant rifles ready for shipment.

Remington received their largest single order for military rifles during World War I from Russia on November 3, 1916. The contract called for the delivery of one million Mosin-Nagant military rifles and bayonets, at a cost of $30 each.

Remington-made Mosin Nagant military rifles are 5-shot, bolt-action weapons which were nearly-identical to their Russian-made counterparts. Rem-UMC was given an initial down payment of $7,500,000 from Russia which was used to purchase machinery and raw materials. Manufacturing commenced in Rem-UMC's Bridgeport facility soon after. Hundreds of thousands of rifles were fabricated in 1916, and into 1917. Simple arithmetic indicates that if this order were completed, it would mean $30,000,000 to Remington, but this would never come to pass.

Soxfan9 said:
I actually got it at M+M in Plymouth. The finish was not bad, but I am working on that. I do need ammo now...
Very good. I saw one at M&M's maybe a month or so ago. Looked like the typical refurb, I think it had a $100 price tag on it. It looked "brand new".
Where's he get them? Is it a Century import?

Yes, they are from Century. I have a C&R but the price wasnt too much higher, and no wait. They had 2 hex receiver'ed 91/30's and 2 round receiver'ed. They also had a few 38's and 44's. I may order an M38 or M44 down the road.

Back
Top Bottom