• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New to gun laws in the state of maine.

Hello, fellows.

I'm very curious here, and i'm pretty much new to gun laws because i havnt been influenced or been around with this stuff much. Myself, i love to hunt and i've been hunting since i was 14. Here is the thing, I'm curious can i purchase a hand gun and get myself a concealed weapon permit? You may be thinking, how old am i.... well i'm 19 years old with a fair share of knowledges about weapons and safety.

I'm not sure if i'm supposed to be over 18 or 21 to purchase or own a hand gun. I know that i can get rifles (already got plenty), i'm just looking into hand guns. I recently went into a store and was just looking around at few pistols. This 1 guy asked me how old i was "i'm 19" and he went like ballistic and grabbed the pistol out of my hand and put it back on the shelf. I'm like what the heck. He stated that i had to be over 21 to buy and own a hand gun.

please let me know, much help is much appreciated. thanks alot

Fed Law prohibits FFLs anywhere from selling handguns to <21 yo. Different states have different laws wrt private purchases/sales. Don't know about Maine.

hmm

well i'm still not clear. i see this. Must be 18 or older to have a concealed weapon permit... that means we can go into store and buy a hand gun.... But stores says only peeps over 21 can purchase hand guns. kinda odd.

Some people says over 21 some says over 18. i'm not sure.... it doest really say clearly in the MSP web page up above last few posts. still not sure here.

Maine is Strange

This from a Maineiac who could carry a pistol I couln't own. I received my permit when I was 18, and no you can't buy a handgun until you're 21. I think the 21 is Federal

Back
Top Bottom