New to forum and considering paid membership

Just became a gun owner, and I found your great website. I live in southern NH and am interested in gaining knowledge about gun ownership, safety, etc.

On the membership sticky there are various photos, and I'm wondering what the pic is that is labeled Lower Group buys depicts. Not sure at all what the think is that looks like it would be at the end of the barrel. Also what type of rifles are in that wooden case?

Also, where are the membership get-togethers usually held?

Crazy if you don't join and go green. There are group buys where the folks get together and buy in large quantities to get a better price. There is a KARMA section in the member only area where folks give away some pretty nice stuff. There are the get togethers and gun shoots at various locals. And, more... Best of all you'll be supporting a great gun forum with your $$. Believe me, this place is well worth the price of admission.

Hello and welcome,

Not sure which pics your referring too.

Paid members have many benefits like exclusive member group buys - some examples were AR lowers, Ammo Cans, Med-kits.
The members shoots happen all over from MA to NH, not sure if they have had any in RI or ME but a few a year.

lower.jpg

^^^If you mean that picture above, that's a stripped lower receiver for an AR-15, which has become somewhat of an annual group buy event, or at least there have been group buys for stripped lowers for two consecutive years so far.

The rifles in the wooden cases are Mosin Nagant 1891/30 rifles from a group buy that took place awhile ago.

I don't normally shill for anyone (except GOAL), but I'll step up to the plate here. NES is one of the best run, informative forums you'll find on the Internet, with a great group of people as members and admin.

The benefits FAR outweigh the cost wrt paid membership on NES.

Most recently the owner of this forum, Four Seasons Firearms and Manchester Firing Line GAVE AWAY a Sig handgun and a case of ammo to one lucky "green member"!

One of the first NES Shoots was a car shoot in ME, there have been a number of shoots in NH and MA and IIRC one in VT as well.

There have been numerous luncheons and dinners where we get together to meet the person behind the keyboard.

Two private tours of S&W factory and use of their shooting range.

Too many group buys to remember: .50cal ammo cans, trigger gauge springs, 1911 lowers, AR15 lowers, AR15 uppers, AR15 barrels, knives, etc.

Tons of stuff given away in Karmas too numerous to mention.

Discounts on training as well as products.

I echo what LenS said (Hi, Len! Happy holidays to you and Deena!)

The knowledge, information and just general support in so many areas far outweigh the $19 membership. I've seen folks offer to help each other move, work on cars and motorcycles...and oh, yeah, give info and training and guidance on firearms issues.

Go for it, you won't regret it.

Welcome to the forum, newenglandguy! [wave]

I have visited many, many, forums on a variety of topics. NES is the only one that I was impressed with enough to support with a paid membership. Many forums have great information, many have a cast of colorful characters, some even have a "this seems like home" feeling...but NES is the only one I've found that possesses all three characteristics. It is well-moderated and well-run. Lurk and read for a while. If you like what you see then support it with your $19.

You can go to a bookstore and flip through a bunch of books, but when you find one that really interests you, you buy it and bring it home to enjoy. NES is like that book.

NES forum supported me answering some questions for me before I was a member. I got great info a couple times. It really helped me out.
I enjoy the forum and for less than a box of 357 mag, I can support them!

Paid Membership

If you shoot an AR - you can save the cost of a membership by being a Green Member. The "Group Buy" section of the Member only forum can save you a lot of money,and get some real cool deals. You can only get into that section if you're a member.

Example: Membership = $19.00
Group buy on my 5.56mm FN ammo right now is $340.00/1000 compared to $359.95 - You come out ahead on your first day [smile]

I'm sure that the forum alone will have more value to you than any group buy,but it's all part of the NES Member Package!!!!

I just paypal'd my membership. I bought my first handgun a week ago, and discovered this forum today - and am totally impressed with the posts I've read through already. Thanks to everyone who has replied. I feel I'll learn a ton of great info and I don't have any regrets what so ever paying the yearly membership.

Thanks to all who have welcomed me! Looking forward to meeting the gang at the next get together.

As far as the membership, do I receive an email to confirm that the payment was processed, etc?

Last edited:
Welcome, the membership will pay dividends many times over. Derek does a great job and your membership supports these efforts.

-MS

I just paypal'd my membership. I bought my first handgun a week ago, and discovered this forum today - and am totally impressed with the posts I've read through already. Thanks to everyone who has replied. I feel I'll learn a ton of great info and I don't have any regrets what so ever paying the yearly membership.

Thanks to all who have welcomed me! Looking forward to meeting the gang at the next get together.

As far as the membership, do I receive an email to confirm that the payment was processed, etc?

You don't need no stinkin' receipt!! Just look at your user name when you post. It's green.Way to go!! [rockon]

Thank You

Welcome, gentlemen, to a great forum! Now that you've both gone green make sure you learn the secret handshake. [wink]

Just became a gun owner, and I found your great website. I live in southern NH and am interested in gaining knowledge about gun ownership, safety, etc. ...Also, where are the membership get-togethers usually held?

Welcome to the greenside.

You asked where get-togethers are usually held. Well many places, but an upcoming location (date not set yet ...see the poll - link below) is in Southern New Hampshire at the Monadnock Rod and Gun Club. The NES has held a couple of well-attended events there over the last few months.

It's an event where you will get the opportunity to meet several NES Members, and fire your new weapon in an environment among many other folks with similar interests. Some are fairly new to firearms, and many more are much more experienced. The NES Green Membership is comprised of many individuals who even reload their own ammunition.

It's a great opportunity to ask questions from knowledgeable people who are usually quite enthusiastic to answer your questions.

Winter NES Shoot

Thanks - I've discovered that this forum has allowed me to ramp my knowledge much quicker than any other resource. Very glad I found it. Seems like a great bunch of guys on this site!

Back
Top Bottom