New to eastern MA, places for skeet

Hi Everyone, Moved to Quincy back in August and just got confirmation that my LTC has been approved. I'm an avid skeet shooter and was wondering what clubs are within about an hours ride?

Are you looking for weekend morning/weekday night amateur shooting or registered skeet? Here's some clubs I found on the NSSA website:

1608776763469.png

There's also a few clubs in RI roughly within an hour of Quincy. Driving into RI to shoot at a gun club isn't an issue and you wouldn't need a carry permit or other paperwork unless you decide to carry from your house to RI. RI doesn't require carry permits for long guns. regardless of residency, and there's a statute that covers transporting of handguns to ranges:

11-47-10

GOAL has a map with all their affiliated clubs on it: GOAL - Affiliated Clubs -lots of good ones!
GOAL's list doesn't tell you what the club offers and not all clubs have websites or decent websites.

Skeet seems to be allusive for some reason. Sharon F&G, Massapoag Sportsmen's Club, Independent all have skeet. Braintree R&P has trap but not skeet. Mansfield F&G has neither. Londonderry F&G has trap only.

There's a difference between sleet and Skeet ....just like between trap and Trap - some people, and Clubs, take it more seriously than others. OP - you're "avid" but does that mean competitive, or just "I like it a lot!" This may make a difference, when you go to a Club.
Mostly just like to shoot it a lot but competed in the local winter league for a few years and ran the summer league for a two years before moving, I was going to try shooting in some competitions this year but COVID messed up all the ones near me this year. I'm used to every club having its own level of seriousness I'm mostly just looking for clubs to shoot at since I'm anxious to break some clays again.

Massapoag in Sharon
Marshfield R&G
Old Colony Sportsmen in Pembroke
Plymouth R&G
All offer skeet. Plymouth offers trap and sporting clays as well. The others may also have more options

Well, if you ran Skeet committee, a club that has facilities, but no "Driving Force" to grow the program, should be your goal. This way you can gem more people into the sport! Best of luck.

This is true at many clubs. It’s often the old timers still pulling all the weight for the young guys. Getting younger willing volunteers is always a challenge.

This is true at many clubs. It’s often the old timers still pulling all the weight for the young guys. Getting younger willing volunteers is always a challenge.

Partly, it's a matter of available time. Younger people with families have many things on their plates. I was lucky when my kids were little - I was a stay-at-home-dad, so I could do some Club stuff that would have been impossible were I to be in a real job.

Thank you for the replies, checked out Marshfield Saturday and found it very pleasant and welcoming. Checked out Minute Man today and was surprised to find it was members only to shoot. I made up a calendar of places and noticed that Plymouth R&G shoots Trap and Skeet on Tuesday nights, anyone here happen to know if that is night shooting under lights? They don't have the skeet chair information on their website so not sure who I could ask there.

Im not sure if holbrook ever got its skeet field back up and running. Have not been over since i stopped shooting ATA.
Hanson rod and gun has trap wed or thurs nights and sundays.

Thank you for the replies, checked out Marshfield Saturday and found it very pleasant and welcoming. Checked out Minute Man today and was surprised to find it was members only to shoot. I made up a calendar of places and noticed that Plymouth R&G shoots Trap and Skeet on Tuesday nights, anyone here happen to know if that is night shooting under lights? They don't have the skeet chair information on their website so not sure who I could ask there.

come check out Massapoag Sportsman Club in Sharon

3 skeet fields, 1 trap / wobble trap

all levels of shooters from novice to competitive

Due to COVID I've seen some clubs that are normally open to the public are limiting clays to members only for now.

I was surprised, I only found one doing that at this time.

Also took the list you guys gave me along with google and some stuff from other boards and made a calendar, feel free to use it to find a place to shoot or pass it around to friends.

******** additions for your calendar ***********
Massapoag in Sharon shoots Wednesday afternoons spring summer and fall, in the winter we have a texting group and organize during any nice weather.

sharon Fish and Game shoots Wednesday evenings under lights year round

Last edited:
Massapoag in Sharon shoots Wednesday afternoons spring summer and fall, in the winter we have a texting group and organize during any nice weather.

Don't they both still shoot on Sunday mornings?

******** additions for your calendar ***********

Thanks for the info, happen to have exact times for Sharon?

Back
Top Bottom