• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New to Concealed carry looking for a proper belt.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the M&P 9c with the crossbreed super tuck deluxe horsehide IWB with self customized combat cut. I currently wear the 5.11 TDU belt with plastic airport safe buckle in 1.5"

I'm looking to get a proper gun belt in leather. I was wondering if anyone could help with a few idea or brands. I wear mostly jeans or 5.11 Taclite pro pants when i carry with the jeans they tend to be a lower cut style jean which conceals well but I am noticing that I am sagging on the right side a bit due to the weight. I'm 5'11 220lbs

I would like 1.5" black leather with a black buckle. I'm kinda the less flashy kinda guy. Something reasonably priced as well. Thank you. -Jeffg

KMM696

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I have 2 Don Hume belts that have held up very well. I can also recommend buying them from Gunners Alley - easy people to deal with. The Gunners Alley branded belts are also nice, but I didn't see a big quality difference for the price between theirs and Hume's.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
If you are interested I can get you into contact with a custom leatherworker from the south shore. Very good prices, and can virtually make anything.

ochmude

Marine Veteran
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
The Belt Man. Mine is without the reinforcement and it makes a total night and day difference when carrying.

M1911

NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I have a couple belts from the Belt Man. I'd say that are OK, but they haven't worn well when compared to my previous belt from Lou Alessi.

Hanwei

NES Member
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
If you ever want a non-leather gun belt, a Wilderness Instructors belt or the Wilderness Frequent Flyer belt (same belt with different buckle design) are pretty much the way to go.

I've never had a leather gun belt (other than a Galco belt that was a gift that I never wear) so I can't offer any suggestions there [grin]

RKG

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most uniform stores will have double layer belts in both 1-1/2" (dress) and 2-1/2" (uniform) widths, for short money.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I have a 1 1/2 " sharkskin belt from these guys. http://www.raftersgunleather.com/ I wear it almost every day. After about five years, it looks almost new (except for the buckle, which is scratched up). They are a bit pricey, but their service is fast and in my opinion, it is a very good product.

Rating - 97.6%
41   1   0
Tandy Leather, call them and ask for the heaviest blank they have in the width you want, buckles snap on, last one cost me $21 shipped, have had it for 4 years now and it's holding up great.

J

Jose

FWIW, the only belts I wear are C.S.M. Instructors belts from The Wilderness. They aren't that expensive, and the CSM belts are probably the stiffest belt you'll find anywhere.
I have one of those and it kicks ass.

However, my A&G and Beltman leather are stiffer and can carry a heavy N frame more comfortably.

The Wilderness advantage is that it will never soften with age.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I have one of those and it kicks ass.

However, my A&G and Beltman leather are stiffer and can carry a heavy N frame more comfortably.

The Wilderness advantage is that it will never soften with age.

You have the green one, right? I outgrew my green one [laugh]

And there's belts stiffer than these? [shocked] That's amazing.

Top Bottom