• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Tippmann M4-22 pistol

Don't really consider myself to be a tacti-cool commando but I guess you just can't resist the itch that needs to be scratched forever. May I introduce my new Tippmann M4-22 Micro pistol in 22LR. Never gave any thought to a rimfire AR pistol until I recently got my Dead Air Mask 22 supressor stamp approved. Started doing the usuall youtube research and just started to think "why not" ? I have a Ruger MK3 pistol , the Ruger American bolt rifle, and a circa 1985 10/22. Just seemed to make sense to buy a 50 yd supressed / subsonic plinker. Then I start digging deeper with research and friggin Youtube is the devil as now i'm intrigued with the "binary trigger" by Franklin Armory. Heard of binary's but did not really know how they functioned. Well, I asked my local 2A Tactical "do you guys have experience with binary triggers ?" and their immediate answer was "Ohhh YEA WE DO" and I got an eye wink. $490 later now I DO know, and it's friggin pretty awesome ! I had 2A Tactical in Brentwood NH install the Franklin Armory binary trigger and test verify correct functioning, i've done several AR triggers but didn't feel comfortable with this mod. With my novice speed on the trigger i'm slower than typical "full auto" rate of fire, but 2A commented that with a lot of practice I can expect near, or even faster rate of fire than full auto. Honestly the speed aspect is of no concern, i'm just loving the elevated rate of fire and it's totally controllable and a ton of fun to shoot (especially subsonic supressed ! It's a unique learning curve with a binary as now you have to be cognicent of a shot fire both on pull and release (when in binary mode). It's just a matter of practice and paying strict attention to my mode of fire. You need to learn a new optional binary trigger disciplin by where you squeeze and break your shot, HOLD the trigger back, and simutaniously flip the selector to either "safe" or "semi" so as to NOT allow a 2nd shot to be executed.

IMG_20211113_171414271.jpg

IMG_20211113_171449891.jpg

IMG_20211113_171458327_MP.jpg

Got a tipmann .22lr about 6 months ago.....very happy with it. Put a 1×6 primary arms scope with elevation marks on and its very accurate out to 150 yards.....haven't been to range to try further out.

Don't really consider myself to be a tacti-cool commando but I guess you just can't resist the itch that needs to be scratched forever. May I introduce my new Tippmann M4-22 Micro pistol in 22LR. Never gave any thought to a rimfire AR pistol until I recently got my Dead Air Mask 22 supressor stamp approved. Started doing the usuall youtube research and just started to think "why not" ? I have a Ruger MK3 pistol , the Ruger American bolt rifle, and a circa 1985 10/22. Just seemed to make sense to buy a 50 yd supressed / subsonic plinker. Then I start digging deeper with research and friggin Youtube is the devil as now i'm intrigued with the "binary trigger" by Franklin Armory. Heard of binary's but did not really know how they functioned. Well, I asked my local 2A Tactical "do you guys have experience with binary triggers ?" and their immediate answer was "Ohhh YEA WE DO" and I got an eye wink. $490 later now I DO know, and it's friggin pretty awesome ! I had 2A Tactical in Brentwood NH install the Franklin Armory binary trigger and test verify correct functioning, i've done several AR triggers but didn't feel comfortable with this mod. With my novice speed on the trigger i'm slower than typical "full auto" rate of fire, but 2A commented that with a lot of practice I can expect near, or even faster rate of fire than full auto. Honestly the speed aspect is of no concern, i'm just loving the elevated rate of fire and it's totally controllable and a ton of fun to shoot (especially subsonic supressed ! It's a unique learning curve with a binary as now you have to be cognicent of a shot fire both on pull and release (when in binary mode). It's just a matter of practice and paying strict attention to my mode of fire. You need to learn a new optional binary trigger disciplin by where you squeeze and break your shot, HOLD the trigger back, and simutaniously flip the selector to either "safe" or "semi" so as to NOT allow a 2nd shot to be executed.

View attachment 542269

View attachment 542270

View attachment 542271

I'm looking into to suppressors, are you happy with the can that you have or do you wish you had bought a different one?
I have the 16" rifle version of that pistol you got. Wanted some input from you before I dropped the hammer at the Silencer Shop.

I'm looking into to suppressors, are you happy with the can that you have or do you wish you had bought a different one?
I have the 16" rifle version of that pistol you got. Wanted some input from you before I dropped the hammer at the Silencer Shop.
Zero regrets. With the DA Mask and subsonic ammo alls i hear is a pffft and the internal buffer cycling. Literally hollywood quiet. Where you from, id be glad to meet up at my gun club and your welcome to try my supressed Tippmann elite

Zero regrets. With the DA Mask and subsonic ammo alls i hear is a pffft and the internal buffer cycling. Literally hollywood quiet. Where you from, id be glad to meet up at my gun club and your welcome to try my supressed Tippmann elite
Do you know of any fitment issues with the Binary? I found a Tippman M4-22 in my closet I forgot I had. Just ordered a Primary Arms 1-6 for it and will put one of my DA Masks on it. was debating putting in a good 2s trigger but then thought a Binary may be fun and found your thread.

Do you know of any fitment issues with the Binary? I found a Tippman M4-22 in my closet I forgot I had. Just ordered a Primary Arms 1-6 for it and will put one of my DA Masks on it. was debating putting in a good 2s trigger but then thought a Binary may be fun and found your thread.
No issues. The Tippmann trigger is 100% AR15 millspec . My FA Binary dropped right in. The only weird minor issue (read my post #4) :

Back
Top Bottom