New this article was coming - BEWARE QUESTION #3!!!!! ZOMFG

The pigs at the trough are getting nervous.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2010/09/report_warns_of.html

Thousands of Massachusetts teachers, police officers, firefighters, and other municipal employees would have to be laid off, property taxes would rise, and students at the University of Massachusetts, state colleges, and community colleges would see higher charges, if a proposal to cut the state's sales tax passes, according to a new analysis by a respected budget watchdog group.

Funny. There were people here saying that exact same thing about the income tax. Turns out it happened anyway. The same idiots will shoot themselves in the foot again this time. Our overlords won't fix the system until we starve them. Unfortunately, they've almost secured their positions with the creation of a dependent class.

I got a big wad of cash that says the sheeple of Massachusetts will vote this down... They have drank the Kool aid and believe what is told to them by the main stream media. I say it goes down 63% - 37%
I of course will be voting for the sales tax repeal to 3% (love an underdog role).

What should make us all very very nervous is if we cannot drum up enough support to get the sales tax back down to 3%, due to all the ostriches out there that cannot see that the tax rate increase didn't do a bloody thing to help close any deficit, and so thus a roll back to 3% would actually help keep the deficit from increasing at the same rate it has been.

Thousands of Massachusetts teachers, police officers, firefighters, and other municipal employees would have to be laid off, property taxes would rise, and students at the University of Massachusetts, state colleges, and community colleges would see higher charges, if a proposal to cut the state's sales tax passes, according to a new analysis by a respected budget watchdog group.

Respected by whom?

The Massachusetts Taxpayers Foundation is a trojan horse group run by a bunch of corporate shills. They no more represent the taxpayers of MA than I do from my home in New Hampshire.

And if you need further proof that the Boston Globe has finally lost its last vestige of journalistic respectability, their using the word "respected" for the MTF is it.

Awful early for this kind of Globe panic. I figured that this article wouldn't go out for another month. They must have another one scheduled "Cute puppies will die if the tax roll back passes"

I can hear the whining and braying from the sheep already... "Waaaaaaaaah its a reckless idea what about the schoools what about the CHILDREN??? WAAAAAH!!!" OH THE HUMANITY!!!!" [rolleyes]

-Mike

Every time I think of the a**h***s in this state that don't want to reduce taxation, I just start thinking of this song...

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course it never occurs to the idiots in Mass. State government that scads of people pay no sales tax whatever because they do virtually all their shopping in NH.

For a 6.2% discount on EVERYTHING, people will happily drive north. For a 3% discount? Not so much. I would bet that the net effect on revenues would be a lot less than the staties are claiming.

If I remember correctly, the legislature is not required to follow the outcome of question 3, so even if it passes I do not expect the sales tax to actually decrease. Still going to support the decrease though.

Maybe we can cut programs that offer aid to illegals like Odumbo's aunt as a start!

Every time my town wants a prop 2 1/2 overide they always use the same excuse "We will have to lay off teachers". Every time the overide fails to pass, the town always seems to find the money anyways. I'm voting for the tax reduction.

WAAAAAH!!!" OH THE HUMANITY!!!!"

Reminds me of:
oh-the-huge-manatee.jpg

Every time my town wants a prop 2 1/2 overide they always use the same excuse "We will have to lay off teachers". Every time the overide fails to pass, the town always seems to find the money anyways. I'm voting for the tax reduction.

I'm surprised your town is that behind on the pandering. The "firing teachers" thing is pretty old hat at this point. Most of them have moved to the "We're going to have to cancel after school programs" threat instead to gain wider appeal in the public. The public generally doesn't care much about the teachers, but even the slight mention of little johnny possibly not being able to play a "ball" sport causes great ALARM!!! [laugh]

-Mike

Gee, instead of firing teachers, maybe thry could abolish the "in for year, paid for a lifetime" pension plan these hogs have set up.
Take away the trough, and maybe most of the pigs would leave....

Wonder if they miss the 100 begona's I save every two weeks when I go to NH to pick up my:
Cigaretts
Booze
Soda
Soaps and paper goods
Gasoline
Wood Stove Pellets (In Season)
Ammo
Shooting supplies
Misc other taxable MA items and " Wait for It"!

Any major purchase I make that I can buy in NH and bring back to MA

I set myself up for a tax free holiday twice a month and the cost 5.00 for 2 gallons of gas.

Plus it make me feel good to see NH selling gas at the Prime for $2.51 while right across the border 1/4 mile away, Mobile sells theirs for $2.69.

This strokes me and every single time as I cross back to MA I say FU Deval!

Yep;
Right away they would pick on Teachers, police & firemen???
Repeal the tax and cut off the cash flow to the politicians pension funds. Hell my pension is gone why should they keep theirs??
For a lot less years service too!!
Lower the taxes on Booze & Cigarettes and bring in a wave of shoppers to our state!!!
A few more jobs and less free loaders would help too.

My ex wife was a teacher and I can truthfully say they are the most faithful of sheep you have ever seen. They don't wnat to be graded and they definately all feel they are over worked and under paid. The vast majority think the union is going to protect them no matter and it does because of the state.

Her claim was always " How would you like to deal with 40 unruly children everyday?" My answer was always " I do! I'm in management and there is a union where I work so I have to baby sit, I work overtime and don't get anything for it and I dont get to take 1/3 of the year off either!

There are some dedicated teachers out there that work hard and make a difference but it's about time they started to purge their own ranks of a union that protects the bums.

No wonder why me and the beech never got along!

Wonder if they miss the 100 begona's I save every two weeks when I go to NH to pick up my:
Cigaretts
Booze
Soda
Soaps and paper goods
Gasoline
Wood Stove Pellets (In Season)
Ammo
Shooting supplies
Misc other taxable MA items and " Wait for It"!

Any major purchase I make that I can buy in NH and bring back to MA

I set myself up for a tax free holiday twice a month and the cost 5.00 for 2 gallons of gas.

Plus it make me feel good to see NH selling gas at the Prime for $2.51 while right across the border 1/4 mile away, Mobile sells theirs for $2.69.

This strokes me and every single time as I cross back to MA I say FU Deval!

I hope you declare all that on your tax return each year? Bwaaaahaaahaaa

Listening to the news on this issue this afternoon, they still don't get it...

They are trying to figure out how to run government as they have previously without the support of absurd levels of taxation...

Hint, hint, hint... There needs to be LESS government...

Last edited:
Respected by whom?

The Massachusetts Taxpayers Foundation is a trojan horse group run by a bunch of corporate shills. They no more represent the taxpayers of MA than I do from my home in New Hampshire.

And if you need further proof that the Boston Globe has finally lost its last vestige of journalistic respectability, their using the word "respected" for the MTF is it.

The MTF are shills, plain and simple. They've never met a tax cut that they like. I'd like to know what group of taxpayers they represent. No one that I've ever met.

I'm hopeful that this might actually pass. The income tax is somewhat hidden from the sheep, since it gets deducted automatically from their paychecks, so they never "see" it. The sales tax is in your face every time you make a purchase. Maybe if the sheep get shorn enough they'll wake up.

Then again, what the hell do I know. I thought that eliminating the income tax two years ago had a shot at passing. I keep overestimating the intelligence of the voters in the PRM.

I think hell just froze over. Never would I have imagined a voice of sanity coming from that liberal hell hole.

That being said, here are some jewels from the comments:

Thanos73 wrote:
Yea, cut the taxes and save a buck at the expense of roads and bridges. Yea cut the taxes and cut your childrens throat to be competive in a global market. Cut the taxes and show them how we are just morons who don't get it. Cause we is mad as heck and we will hurt ourselves to prove it.

Quinn, your a blood fool and btw a terrible writer. Who are you any way, kid.
Typical liberal, anyone that disagrees with them is an idiot/fool/moron. When calling people morons, one should consider not being one. Competive? Nice spelling.

citizen821 wrote:
Hey,
All of you arguing for the cuts....do you really have children or know anyone that has children and need all of the services our government provides us. Go ahead and save yourselves the $12 a week and see where the state ends up. You laugh at teachers, firefighters and police officers. If there jobs were so easy and lucrative, why are you in the private sector to begin with. Vote Yes on 3 and don't cry the next time you need a cop and there isn't one around or your house burns to the ground because the closest fire station is on the other side of town. Let see if that is worth the $12 your going to save.
Another genius and math wizard. I spend way more the $12 per week in sales tax and wish I lived closer to NH so I could enjoy giving Deval the finger. How about cutting the rate so more people don't go there. IDK, maybe I am stupid. [hmmm]

Duh wrote:
It's all to easy to say "billions in waste". It's not so easy to go through the state budget, line item by line item, and say "here's a billion in waste, here's another billion in waste. Not that it's not there, and not that whatever is found shouldn't be eliminated. But this idea of "starving the beast" is beyond idiotic.

Actually, the braying fools demanding to cut the sales tax might not believe it, but the Patrick administration (yeah, that's right, "Cadillac Duval"), has been doing a lot of things to cut waste, mostly in places you all can't even think to look.

One more thing... the problem is not that taxes on the middle class keep going up. It's that our bosses and investors keep squeezing us in order to puff up their balance sheets and justify their outrageous bonuses. Better to hit them up than take it out on government.
Once again "I can't argue with you so I'll just call you a fool" argument. Why should things not be done because they are hard. What's scary is that people listen to this garbage and believe it. I can see them high-fiving each other going "man, you got him good".

thirtysomething wrote:
Some sanity, please. You want to cut spending? Great! Do it. THEN cut the income tax rate.

Do it in the reverse order and SOMETHING will be cut, but it might not be what you expect.
I'll take my chances. Nothing will ever be done without forcing them into action.

I'm sorry guys, I just needed to vent a bit.

Back
Top Bottom