New: The Rare Breed Triggers FRT-15 Forced Reset AR-15 Trigger (now a MG?)

mikeyp

NES Member
Woah

1609730741215.png

The new Rare Breed Triggers FRT-15 trigger for the AR platform allows very rapid semi-automatic fire from an AR-15 rifle. Watch the video above, which shows the trigger in action and explains how it works.

View: https://vimeo.com/486478480

The TL;DR is that the FRT-15’s sear forces the trigger to reset with every shot even if you keep continuous pressure on it. It cannot be considered anything but semi-automatic. Rare Breed notes that a heavy buffer and a full-auto bolt carrier group is required for use of the $380 FRT-15.

As I watched the video, when I got to the animated explanation of operation, all I could think was, “My God, they invented the bump trigger. ATF heads are going to explode.” In a morbid way, I’m looking forward to seeing what creative lingustic gymnastics they concoct to ban this.

Without having tried the FRT-15 personally, two things strike me about it. First is that using that safely using FRT-15 is going to take some practice. This isn’t for the amateur who’s going to drop it in his AR, then leave it in the gun case for months.

The second point is something I hope rare Breed Triggers considered carefully. The contact area between sear and hammer appears to be small compared to a more convention trigger group. That’s a potential point failure. If that wears too much, the rifle could go full auto.

I suspect heat treatment during manufacturing presented interesting challenges for the company. Too hard and the metal could fracture under stress.. Too soft and it wears too quickly.

If you buy one of these, I suggest inspecting those surfaces periodically.

Dupe, but a cool enough dupe that we can let it slide, as long as you setup a group buy!!!

Seems like something you'd use once then leave in the safe for a decade. Not that that's any different from what most of us do anyway :-(

Lolz... well this went about as well as expected. Rare Breed triggers, now a machine gun!

In a shocking turn of events, the AFT administratively redefines something that is not a machine gun, into a machine gun.
there was determinations for similar products in the past that said they were machine guns. It sounds like they didn't get a determination letter.

Oooh. Tough call.

Legal Dennis says: Well, it actually doesn't "fit" with the 1930's definition of a machine gun. Especially the section that the ATF quotes. "Single function of the trigger." Well, it isn't.

But damn. It's not no bump stock. It's a substance-over-form type situation. Hold trigger finger down, will continue to fire. It really doesn't matter what the internals do. I mean, your average bump-stock requires a BIT of skill to not crush the trigger down so you can keep bumping. Look at the LV shooter. It took skill to fire those things.

But this? PULL-BRRRRAAAAAP!

(Nevermind if I believe that machine guns should be illegal in the first place. The point is this was a stupid run-around of the law that was destined to get B-slapped. Sure they might prevail in court some day. But even that is doubtful. Pull-trigger-goes-BRRRT = Machine gun. We can debate single function of trigger all day long.)

Well. Legal Frenchy says : full auto only has no place in a rifle. SMG and squad weapons are the only guns where it makes any kind of sense. Just because you can doesn’t mean you should. This trigger is $380 worth of stupid.

Well. Legal Frenchy says : full auto only has no place in a rifle. SMG and squad weapons are the only guns where it makes any kind of sense. Just because you can doesn’t mean you should. This trigger is $380 worth of stupid.

Oh I don't doubt that at all. It's a waste of ammo for sure. It's truly a "giggle-switch." You're not going to use this to defend your home or neighborhood from a robber, mass murderer, The Purge or Hillary Rod-man Clinton's "Suicide Squad."

Best has been the number of videos on my YT feed this week for it. Every one of them some guy is going gangbusters like he's a Ghost Recon member or something. LOL

Don't get me wrong. I think that would be HELLA fun. But training for real-world??? Nah.

Over/under on how many people/pets will die from the future raids off the customer lists
They wont get me.

I never ordered one.

2 reasons...

1. I was afraid of getting on a list because I thought the ATF would rule on this.

2. I can't afford to feed a rapid fire trigger like this.

Back
Top Bottom