New: The Rare Breed Triggers FRT-15 Forced Reset AR-15 Trigger (now a MG?)

There was a company making dropping M 16 triggers that I wanted to use with my registered seer . But they’re like vaporware….

The company just wouldn’t sell me one claim they didn’t exist but they do.

That’s all right I bought a much better FCG anyway…gesselie

3D770647-A2E6-42D6-B081-21CC87738EED.jpeg

Rare Breed Triggers is a separate entity of Spikes Tactical. There is a reason that Rare Breed Triggers are expensive. They factored in legal costs they would knowingly need to prepare for in the future as a result of their coming battle with BATFE. There is a reason why their company address is their lawyers’ office, so they can protect from search and seizure of documents.

Last edited:
I was going to make my own like this for my registered seer . Mount it right inside that baby…As you guys know a determination letter from the ATF only applies to the person it was sent to…

HK sears go in a trigger pack…I was basically trying to make a M-16 trigger pack…

Which is just retarded but would be kind of cool.

There’s lots of firearms that have the fire control group contained to a pack to me it just makes sense…

Rare Breed Triggers is a separate entity of Spikes Tactical. There is a reason that Rare Breed Triggers are expensive. They factored in legal costs they would knowingly need to prepare for in the future as a result of their coming battle with BATFE. There is a reason why their company address is their lawyers’ office, so they can protect from search and seizure of documents.

I wonder if they factored in legal fees and will go the "not respond in 5 days" route, then bring this to court. Not sure how successful it will be in court but the show may be fun.

I just don't care what the government has to say any more... it is all a bunch of overreach BS. If you own one, I wouldn't worry about it. Just like with the bump stocks, no one is going to turn them in.

They are Fing with us on purpose, they want trouble, its not a conspiracy theory when its happening. There is too much other stuff going on to get your panties in a bunch over this stupidity.

Last edited:
I just don't care what the government has to say any more... it is all a bunch of overreach BS. If you own one, I wouldn't worry about it. Just like with the bump stocks, no one is going to turn them in.

They are Fing with us on purpose, they want trouble, its not a conspiracy theory when its happening. There is too much other stuff going on to get your panties in a bunch over this stupidity.

These things wont be added to the registry (go up in value), they will be made illegal and being caught with one will be the same as being caught with an unregistered MG.

getting caught unvaxed is almost as bad as is a whole bunch of things ... don't get caught!

I half wanted one of these when they first came out. At least at the time they didn't sell them in stores, only on the website, you had to give all your personal information and a credit card. It was a 100 percent guarenteed knock down of your door later in life. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near these triggers.

And the legal actions begin. The ping pong between the lower courts will go on for years. One will eventually say it's legal, but then the 9th circut will say no Rare Breed for you and it is an MG...

Yep. They put their dicks on the table with that response letter.

I’m ordering one now, get f***ed fedbois

You didn’t link their epic response lmao

Yep. They put their dicks on the table with that response letter.

I’m ordering one now, get f***ed fedbois
One day I’ll arrive at fvcks given: 0 status. I presume it will be when my daughter becomes an adult and I’m retired. So I have about 20 years of annual vagisil orders by the pallet to go. But man it’ll be epic when I get there.

Epic letter??? Seemed pretty boring to me. And the “we had one of your guys look at it and he said it was fine” ending was sorta stupid.

In stock

hspjzmj8xyo41.jpg

ATF just mass emailed this to all FFLs

March 24, 2022​

Open Letter to All Federal Firearms Licensees​

US Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

teal

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) recently examined devices commonly known as “forced reset triggers” (FRTs) and has determined that some of them are “firearms” and “machineguns” as defined in the National Firearms Act (NFA), and “machineguns” as defined in the Gun Control Act (GCA).
These particular FRTs are being marketed as replacement triggers for AR-type firearms. Unlike traditional triggers and binary triggers (sometimes referred to generally as “FRTs”), the subject FRTs do not require shooters to pull and then subsequently release the trigger to fire a second shot. Instead, these FRTs utilize the firing cycle to eliminate the need for the shooter to release the trigger before a second shot is fired. By contrast, some after-market triggers have similar components but also incorporate a disconnector or similar feature to ensure that the trigger must be released before a second shot may be fired and may not be machineguns.
Both the NFA and GCA regulate machineguns. “Machinegun” is defined under 26 U.S.C. § 5845(b) and 18 U.S.C. § 921(a)(23) as—
Any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger. The term shall also include the frame or receiver of any such weapon, any part designed and intended solely and exclusively, or combination of parts designed and intended, for use in converting a weapon into a machinegun, and any combination of parts from which a machinegun can be assembled if such parts are in the possession or under the control of a person. (Emphasis added.)
ATF’s examination found that some FRT devices allow a firearm to automatically expel more than one shot with a single, continuous pull of the trigger. For this reason, ATF has concluded that FRTs that function in this way are a combination of parts designed and intended for use in converting a weapon into a machinegun, and hence, ATF has classified these devices as a “machinegun” as defined by the NFA and GCA.
Accordingly, ATF’s position is that any FRT that allows a firearm to automatically expel more than one shot with a single, continuous pull of the trigger is a “machinegun”, and is accordingly subject to the GCA prohibitions regarding the possession, transfer, and transport of machineguns under 18 U.S.C. §§ 922(o) and 922(a)(4). They are also subject to registration, transfer, taxation, and possession restrictions under the NFA. See 26 U.S.C. §§ 5841, 5861; 27 CFR 479.101.
Under 26 U.S.C. § 5871, any person who violates or fails to comply with the provisions of the NFA may be fined up to $10,000 per violation and is subject to imprisonment for a term of up to ten years. Further, pursuant to 26 U.S.C. § 5872, any machinegun possessed or transferred in violation of the NFA is subject to seizure and forfeiture. Under 18 U.S.C. § 924(a)(2), any person who violates § 922(o) may be sent to prison for up to 10 years and fined up to $250,000 per person or $500,000 per organization.
Based on ATF’s determination that the FRTs that function as described above are “machineguns” under the NFA and GCA, ATF intends to take appropriate remedial action with respect to sellers and possessors of these devices. Current possessors of these devices are encouraged to contact ATF for further guidance on how they may divest possession. If you are uncertain whether the device you possess is a machinegun as defined by the GCA and NFA, please contact your local ATF Field Office. You may consult the local ATF Office’s webpage for office contact information.​
Alphonso Hughes
Assistant Director
Enforcement Programs and Services
George Lauder
Assistant Director
Field Operations

Is it worth keeping this trigger and paying thousands of dollars in legal fees???

If the ATF says it was legal when you did buy it, can't you just hand it over to the ATF and be done with this???

Then after the dust settles in court - and they are legal again - buy more?

Not sure if this is a hill I'd want to die on.

Is it worth keeping this trigger and paying thousands of dollars in legal fees???

If the ATF says it was legal when you did buy it, can't you just hand it over to the ATF and be done with this???

Then after the dust settles in court - and they are legal again - buy more?

Not sure if this is a hill I'd want to die on.

If I had one I bought FTF, I wouldn't give it up.

Never bothered getting one with the cost of ammo nowadays.

They is also the 5th amendment. Something about taking property without compensation. Not seeing that as an option for those who have one. Someone on here was selling them and is now giving up names.

Its not taking when you hand them in.

Did someone on here purchase one FTF and the seller gave the buyer up?

At least one judge is sort of calling out the ATF's illegal interpretation of rules. Maybe the start of something glorious.

Aug 31 (Reuters) - The Biden administration's decision to categorize a type of rapid-fire gun accessory used with AR-15 type rifles as illegal machine guns is "likely unlawful," a federal judge in Texas concluded.

U.S. District Judge Reed O'Connor in Fort Worth on Wednesday issued a "narrow" temporary restraining order barring the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives from enforcing the policy against three individuals.

Reset triggers

At least one judge is sort of calling out the ATF's illegal interpretation of rules. Maybe the start of something glorious.

Aug 31 (Reuters) - The Biden administration's decision to categorize a type of rapid-fire gun accessory used with AR-15 type rifles as illegal machine guns is "likely unlawful," a federal judge in Texas concluded.

U.S. District Judge Reed O'Connor in Fort Worth on Wednesday issued a "narrow" temporary restraining order barring the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives from enforcing the policy against three individuals.

Reset triggers

Hmm, yup, it is only for those three individuals. There were YouTube videos spreading bad information, saying it was for all NAGR members (like the injunction against the pistol brace rule being for organization members).

Back
Top Bottom