• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New survial show on Discovery "The Colony"

Looks interesting, if I could only just get off the computer & that damned NES site.
I'd like to check it out

I'm planning on watching, I just hope they don't fill it with a ton of BS that most reality shows get stuck with. Discovery is usually pretty damn good with their "reality" stuff, so it should be alright.

yah i don't know, time will tell i suppose... did have a couple cool little ideas so far like the multiple layers of sand and charcoal to filter the water.... 55gal drum Brita filter lol

All I can say is if this is what most Americans are going to be like if the SHTF then we will rule the country in no time short.

I need a DVR(to many commercials)
The marauding bikers seemed nice,I'd like to see maybee paintballs or airsoft at some point for weopons/defensive similations.
(obviously they won't be striking people w/pipes)
They have alot of equiptment & material at their disposal,some pretty crafty individuals.
Being strangers & conflicting personalities is the problem w/ group cohesion.But were talkin' "reality shows" & ratings.A couple "handy man" d-heads make "good TV"
A little "Eye Candy" would be nice i.e Ms. Kalifornia, fitness models etc.

I thought it was weak.

Most groups will not have an ER nurse, a doctor, a rocket scientist and an engineer, some builders etc.

I would like to see a waitress, an unemployed guy with a heart condition, a fat guy, and a stripper do this without all the extras these were provided with.

Way too easy.

I thought it was weak.

Most groups will not have an ER nurse, a doctor, a rocket scientist and an engineer, some builders etc.

I would like to see a waitress, an unemployed guy with a heart condition, a fat guy, and a stripper do this without all the extras these were provided with.

Way too easy.

A much more entertaining idea would be a fat, under-employed guy with a heart condition who makes a living in the food service industry and moonlights as a stripper. Now that's television! Those marauding bikers wouldn't stand a chance.

A much more entertaining idea would be a fat, under-employed guy with a heart condition who makes a living in the food service industry and moonlights as a stripper. Now that's television! Those marauding bikers wouldn't stand a chance.

I don't know BBQ, whatever floats your boat I guess... [wink][wink][smile]

I was going to be the fat guy, but I can also be the IT guy, the marginally OK with a firearm guy, or the guy who sets everything on fire.[smile]

No guns for protection? It’s not the apocalyptic world I want to live in.[wink]

Respectfully,
jkelly

No guns for protection? It’s not the apocalyptic world I want to live in.[wink]

Respectfully,
jkelly

2nd the motion,

Way too easy.

lol very true, if SHTF i'm going to suspect it will be mroe along the lines of people siphoning gas out of abandoned cars and scavanging BJs, costco, and home depot for bottled waters and generators

certainly not people trying to purify water out of the LA aquduct or rigging a power washer to run off "wood gas" and charge a bank of batterys lol

fortuently i've seen every MacGyver and A-Team episode and am fairly confident i can make a small nuclear reactor with some toothpaste, tuna cans and a lawnmower engine

Back
Top Bottom