New super-gun to be tested in Feb

It seems like I read about this thing in Popular Science about once every couple of years, sort of like the personal jetpack or the flywheel car. But it amazes me that the existing designs for guns basically date back to 100 years ago or more.

But it bothers me that this thing would keep the bullets stacked in the barrel. It seems to me like that would change the balance of the gun every shot that is fired. With a conventional magazine, where the bullets are all stored hanging low beneath a single point, it seems like the balance of the gun is more constant as the bullets are used up.
 
beretta92d said:
a gun that can fire 240,000 rounds per minute.

That's compared to 60 rounds per minute in a standard military machine gun

HOLY #@$% [twisted] wouldn't mind something like that.

Ummmm...yeah, so does anyone think Mass Rifle Association would have a mag capacity problem, or do you think they'd let it slide? :D :D :D
 
edsmith said:
the statement 240,000 rounds a min. = 60 a min. it don't make any sense [?]

You EXPECT reporters to do math?!? Don't forget they're liberal arts graduates.
 
dreppucci007 said:
beretta92d said:
a gun that can fire 240,000 rounds per minute.

That's compared to 60 rounds per minute in a standard military machine gun

HOLY #@$% [twisted] wouldn't mind something like that.

Ummmm...yeah, so does anyone think Mass Rifle Association would have a mag capacity problem, or do you think they'd let it slide? :D :D :D


The good thing with this...there isn't any magazines. It's all stored in the barrel. And being that there aren't any laws that say you can only load a barrel with 10 rounds, it should be legal as long as you have your Class III stamp.

WHOO-HOO! :D :D


Ray P said:
edsmith said:
the statement 240,000 rounds a min. = 60 a min. it don't make any sense [?]

You EXPECT reporters to do math?!? Don't forget they're liberal arts graduates.

They aren't.

They said this:

...a gun that can fire 240,000 rounds per minute.

That's compared to 60 rounds per minute in a standard military machine gun.

They are saying that this one is 240,000 as COMPARED to the ones now that fire at a cyclic rate of 60 rounds per minute.

They aren't saying that they are equal. They're just saying that the new one is faster than the standard automatic rifles currently used.

Which is freaking fast... [shock]
 
C-pher said:
[
They are saying that this one is 240,000 as COMPARED to the ones now that fire at a cyclic rate of 60 rounds per minute.

They aren't saying that they are equal. They're just saying that the new one is faster than the standard automatic rifles currently used.

Which is freaking fast... [shock]

You're right. Memo to self: RTFQS.
 
Ray P said:
C-pher said:
[
They are saying that this one is 240,000 as COMPARED to the ones now that fire at a cyclic rate of 60 rounds per minute.

They aren't saying that they are equal. They're just saying that the new one is faster than the standard automatic rifles currently used.

Which is freaking fast... [shock]

You're right. Memo to self: RTFQS.

ROFL!!!

I know, I had to go back and read it after you guys started saying that... :D
 
Back
Top Bottom